GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ptasti Dip whole car....thoughts?

Andyman

Ready to race!
My neighbor just did his entire car. If you want to throw up I can post a pic.

Post pics please, still not convinced this not the ultimate chick magnet. Not trolling, just thinking outside the box... I could always peel it off. I'd buy the plasti dip by the gallon and use a sprayer, wouldn't attempt to "rattle can" the whole thing. Seriously, the Volvo I saw in matte black looked diggidy dope...

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Post pics please, still not convinced this not the ultimate chick magnet. Not trolling, just thinking outside the box... I could always peel it off. I'd buy the plasti dip by the gallon and use a sprayer, wouldn't attempt to "rattle can" the whole thing. Seriously, the Volvo I saw in matte black looked diggidy dope...

If it was a nice matte black I'm sure it would look nice. But you get weird highs and lows in the sheen (however the fuck to spell that lol) and it just looks retarded. Ill snap a pic next time I stumble upon the beast.

twopock

Ready to race!
To me the problem isn't the matte black or matte white or whatever color you choose. If you like a flat paint job, then do it. The problem I see is with the texture and durability of the plastidip if it is on your entire car, if there is no protective coating on top of it then it is very prone to damages

Merkle

Banned
Matte paint jobs look cool, but if your car is your daily driver, I would not recommend it. Bird poop and bugs have to be removed immediately, and if you scrud too hard it will make the finish look uneven. If your paint is good just leave it alone, I would only plasti dip a car as a very cheap alternative to doing full body work, and to hide surface dents and other imperfections. On a nice car like a GTI (assuming your's is in good condition) it would look out of place. If you want the matte look, pay someone to do it right the first time.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
In Canada, the GTI is a $40K car...hence my utter amazement at you hand spraying it with a rattle can of paint.

Not sure if serious.

Tecni

Ready to race!
you'll spend the rest of your days picking out overspray from every nook and cranny. DOn't do it.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion

Dont forget to add these.

Papele

Ready to race!

411big

Ready to race!
Wonder how many cans you would need? After peeling off old plastidip it leaves small specks which are a bitch to clean off

Blueteam

Ready to race!
I'm still wondering why everone is saying cans?

You can buy the spray gun kit for the price of the 20 cans youll need why bother with cans?

Its totally removalble why not do it? its only gonna last a few months but if you want to go crazy for a summer go nuts!

The only cons are the overspray and yes a big bird dropping will be an issue.