GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fog light grill cover LED installed pics

michal

Go Kart Champion
I saw them a long time ago. For me it's just too much (side markers if not color matched, fog lights+ those LED's=Christmas Tree)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DOUBLE LED'S FTW.

SO MANY LED'S.

woodyzjy

Passed Driver's Ed
If they can make it fit where the fogs are, I'm sold

Hornblower

Passed Driver's Ed
No its just the grill cover that's replaced, your fogs still work just like normal. There's no bulberrors because it doesn't replace anything

OK, Twistid, got a couple of questions for you... First, what's the trick to getting the original fog light grill covers off? Second, does this come with decent instructions for wiring?

In addition to my MK6 GTI, I also have an MK5 Jetta. On the Jetta, I installed Hella LED's and ran the main switched power wire through the firewall and into the inside fuse box. Then, I connected a wire to the side marker light. With the control module that came with the Hella lights, this allowed for the LED DRL's to be on full bright during the daytime but switch into a dim mode when the headlights were switched on. I'm assuming this kit you installed works in a similar fashion, right? Thanks!

twistid

Ready to race!
OK, Twistid, got a couple of questions for you... First, what's the trick to getting the original fog light grill covers off? Second, does this come with decent instructions for wiring?

I had to remove the entire bumper to remove the honeycomb fog light grills. You may have better luck, but I didn't want to just yank them off.
In addition to my MK6 GTI, I also have an MK5 Jetta. On the Jetta, I installed Hella LED's and ran the main switched power wire through the firewall and into the inside fuse box. Then, I connected a wire to the side marker light. With the control module that came with the Hella lights, this allowed for the LED DRL's to be on full bright during the daytime but switch into a dim mode when the headlights were switched on. I'm assuming this kit you installed works in a similar fashion, right? Thanks!

Sure why not, tldr.

Hornblower

Passed Driver's Ed
I had to remove the entire bumper to remove the honeycomb fog light grills. You may have better luck, but I didn't want to just yank them off.

So, here is my question for ANYONE...not wanting to completely remove the bumper, can the fog light grills be removed without removing the bumper? Just looking at the replacement grills, it appears there are no screws holding them on so I was hopefull they would simply pop off. I'd be much more interested in trying this mod if I could just pop off the original grills and pop on the LED grills.