GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who traded a GTI for an R?

meph

Ready to race!
I'm not sure i like the mk7 looks.
But then again that's what i said when i first saw the MK 5 and MK 6
I wouldn't be surprised if the GTI gets 220hp and the R 280.

Now here is a question.
The First R was 2004 only
The Second was 2008 Only
but this one is 2012 and 2013.. and they're not numbered. Does that mean they will pump R's into the market till its saturated? That means that these cars will lose value like any other car, if that's true.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure i like the mk7 looks.
But then again that's what i said when i first saw the MK 5 and MK 6
I wouldn't be surprised if the GTI gets 220hp and the R 280.

Now here is a question.
The First R was 2004 only
The Second was 2008 Only
but this one is 2012 and 2013.. and they're not numbered. Does that mean they will pump R's into the market till its saturated? That means that these cars will lose value like any other car, if that's true.

Any car loses value. A golf R is special no matter how you slice and dice it, given its price point rarity is just natural.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If they flood the market with them, they will be as special as a GTI. We know. GTIs hold their value... better than a hyundai. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Golfs are relatively rare as are GTIs the Rs are rarer than either one of those.

its not like we're talking jetta/passat here :laugh:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Trade in is terrible on the gti. Unless you guys paid a ton of money down you must be losing your asses. I'm ill when I see what my car is worth on trade. On the up side I should be ready for a mk7 R in two years :)

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
I'm trading my '07 for $1,000 above dealer on KBB. My car is super clean and my dealer knows it and I have over $5,000 in mods.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm trading my '07 for $1,000 above dealer on KBB. My car is super clean and my dealer knows it and I have over $5,000 in mods.

That's an 07 so the trade in value has leveled out. Trading an 11/12 is like losing $5 grand instantly.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That's an 07 so the trade in value has leveled out. Trading an 11/12 is like losing $5 grand instantly.

this^

Lol speaking of mods. 3 days of being stock was enough.
Smoked sidemarkers from my mk5 fit perfect. :D

dude.. it's a $35K car, get some proper paintmatched sidemarkers ;)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
fuck man.