GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thunder bunny side skirt

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Finally got the side skirts installed, It was pretty easy to do. I opted to use "3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape pn:06382"- I did not use the urethane glue which was called out in the instructions, just in case I wanted to remove them. So I ordered a can of United Gray base coat (paint code: LA7T) and a can of clear. I sprayed the side skirts out in my drive way, red neck style. :) They turned out pretty decent, the mix is a little bit darker... not enough to be frustrated about. I let them dry a few days and installed.

I got the side skirts to cover up a dent in my rocker panel from using the jack the GTI came with.... I guess I just don't know how to use that POS- it scares the crap out of me.

Fitment for the thunder bunny side skirts on a 4-door 2010 MK6 is pretty good, it is not perfect- there is about an 1/8" gap, the skirts are a little to long. Other than that I would say they are really nice, makes my car look lower. Any questions about the install or if folks want I can post some more pics from diffrent angles.

Is it possible you take a pic of the 1/8" gap? This looks like a nice mod to do since I was never a fan of the half skirt.

Andyman

Ready to race!
:threadjacked:
Is it possible you take a pic of the 1/8" gap? This looks like a nice mod to do since I was never a fan of the half skirt.

I need to give the car a bath this weekend, I'll snap a picture for ya and upload to show the "gap" I was talking about.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I can't believe that the thunderbunny skirts are so much cheaper than the standard skirts.
the difference in cost is quickly forgotten when you see how off the body lines are. nice how they hang lower than mk6 sides, but that's about it.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
the difference in cost is quickly forgotten when you see how off the body lines are. nice how they hang lower than mk6 sides, but that's about it.

BonJovic's looks awesome and the lines match well. I have the same car (but black) and bought the same part # that he got so, I expect the same look.

I originally ordered them from KefferVW but they messaged me and told me shipping was going to be like $75 more. I contacted my nearby dealership and they said they can get them in tomorrow and gave me a nice military discount, so I still paid under $200 unpainted.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Finally got the side skirts installed, It was pretty easy to do. I opted to use "3M Automotive Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape pn:06382"- I did not use the urethane glue which was called out in the instructions, just in case I wanted to remove them. So I ordered a can of United Gray base coat (paint code: LA7T) and a can of clear. I sprayed the side skirts out in my drive way, red neck style. :) They turned out pretty decent, the mix is a little bit darker... not enough to be frustrated about. I let them dry a few days and installed.

I got the side skirts to cover up a dent in my rocker panel from using the jack the GTI came with.... I guess I just don't know how to use that POS- it scares the crap out of me.

Fitment for the thunder bunny side skirts on a 4-door 2010 MK6 is pretty good, it is not perfect- there is about an 1/8" gap, the skirts are a little to long. Other than that I would say they are really nice, makes my car look lower. Any questions about the install or if folks want I can post some more pics from diffrent angles.

I got mine in and did a test fit, they fit pretty well, I didn't have any gap on either end so the length was good. I tried using the Scotch outdoor double sided tape and it didn't work because it wasn't thick enough. I'm gonna try getting the stuff that you used and see how it goes.

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
Sorry for the triple post. I plasti-dipped mine and put them on.

So I found out the hard way that if you don't drench the plastidip on, it turns into a very textured surface, which is Ok. The length is perfect, the dog leg on the back sticks out a little bit on the leading edge. I am probably going to use some black silicone and seal it up and touch up with plasti-dip. I want to keep it all removable to have them painted eventually.

Orient Express

Ready to race!
The "thunderbunny" accessory kit is no longer available from VW, but the individual body side skirts still may be available as individual parts.

I just recently added side skirts to my 4-dr GTI, and ended up going with a pair of very well done Golf R replicas from Here.

They are very high quality parts, and the pair of urethane side skirts and all of the mounting hardware is $195 shipped.

I highly recommend them.

Last edited: