GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New springs on stock shocks QUESTION

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was told that if I put aftermarket springs on the stock shocks I'm shortening the life of the shocks to about 15,000-25,000 miles.. Is this true? I want to get the springs that provide the 2inch drop but I don't want to void my warranty (i know i will but i would keep the stock ones.) or mess up my shocks. Yes I have considered coilovers but I got a terrific offer on a set of springs and I cant afford the coilovers right now :(

Anyway, will I ruin my stock shocks? The springs in question have about 10,000 miles on them. What are the best brands for aftermarket springs?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You will decrease the lifespan of your stock shocks/struts when using lowering springs. By how much? It is difficult to estimate due to the variables of everyone's driving.

I didn't want coilovers again so I just went with H&R springs. I'll probably swap out the shocks/struts to Koni Yellows next spring.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
So whats the difference between coilovers and a suspension kit other than the adjustable ride height?? There doesnt seem to be a big difference in price :S and how much do the koni yellows cost compared to OEM shocks?

sorry if my questions seem stupid but i have never dealt with suspension before.. Thanks thou!