GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS brake duct install

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve seen a couple posts here and on the MkV forum about the TTRS brake ducts. I decided to install a pair on my car since I plan on doing track days once in a while.

I recently bought a used Brembo 330mm 4 piston BBK. I installed the BBK and brake ducts at the same time.

Here are the parts you’ll need. Don’t bother buying the hardware because it doesn’t line up with the GTI arms.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/front-brake-air-duct-left/8p0863149b/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/front-brake-air-duct-right/8p0863150b/

I did a little trimming on the brake duct to clear the FSB and the brake calipers. I also trimmed a little off the top on the inside so it wouldn’t rub on the underbody. I used an 8” zip tie though the mounting holes and around the back of the arm to hold each duct into place.

The ducts were canted towards the center of the car. I added a 1” aluminum spacer on the back of each duct at the inside edge to straighten the out.

It isn’t perfect but it’s better than it was before.

Here’s a front view.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Subbed for when I buy some. Nice write up [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Would this reduce brake dust adhesion to the wheels?
Please let me know if you see any reduction in buildup.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion

It is meant to direct air more directly towards the brakes to cool it down, so your brake dust is dependent on your brake pad.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
In theory they should help blow the brake dust out of the wheels. In practice I'm not sure that you'd notice a difference. These brake pads are more aggressive than the stock ones so I may see more brake dust then before. It won't be a very scientific test.

Phur

Autocross Champion
In theory they should help blow the brake dust out of the wheels. In practice I'm not sure that you'd notice a difference. These brake pads are more aggressive than the stock ones so I may see more brake dust then before. It won't be a very scientific test.

I didn’t see that it was on a new brake setup, that makes sense. I know that it was meant for cooling. That doesn’t mean that it could have added benefits. Kinda like W/M, people use it for more power and lower temps but it also keeps the carbon buildup away. [emoji106]

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
For the record I did not think they help with brake dust. I cleaned my wheels over the weekend because the brake dust was killing me.

torga

Autocross Champion
For the record I did not think they help with brake dust. I cleaned my wheels over the weekend because the brake dust was killing me.
I think the best weapons against brake dust will be pads that inherently mitigate dust and/or coating the wheels in Jet Seal.