GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 GTI Autobahn - Is this a good deal?

punchagoat

Banned
I plan on trading in a 2007 335i with 68,500 miles. Believe me I love the car but I have had so many issues with it that I need to part ways before the CPO warranty expires in mid April.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I plan on trading in a 2007 335i with 68,500 miles. Believe me I love the car but I have had so many issues with it that I need to part ways before the CPO warranty expires in mid April.

I hear ya.

look to get trade-in values for it that are realistic, on both edmunds and www.nada.com , the latter being what the insurance industry typically uses for values.

blitzoid

Passed Driver's Ed

Although its far from apples to apples - I paid $20,200 for a 2011 autobahn (non CPO) 6MT. 23k on the clock. Was from a ford dealer in Denton, TX, and I made the purchase on 12/30/12, so I had a bit of leverage on my side, but their initial asking price was ~23,5k

As others have said, the price is a bit on the high side, but not outrageously so. If you can get a killer trade-in value and a bit extra off the top (1-1.5k comes to mind) I think you're in good shape.

Also - the tires were at 3/32, which helped me drive the price down a bit more. I swapped the detroits with a local VW owner for some 17" portos (with nearly new tires) + a bit of cash on my side. You could do something similar if you wanted to recoup some extra cost - the serron wheels command a nice premium.