GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poll : GOLF GTI mk6 (DSG) or Scirocco GT (DSG)

bobbybalaz

I have driven both the GTI MK6 & the Scirocco. It is really a VERY VERY hard choice in between these 2 cars. Both handles extremely well, yet,
the way they do it, are miles apart. The sensible choice would be to get the GOLF, well, I wouldn't really call it sensible, as an everyday
'fun/practical' car, it beats the Scirocco. Hands down. It even double de-clutches during downshifts. Really odd though that this feature is
missing in the Scirocco, seeing it to be a Sports Coupe.

But, The looks of the Scirocco, By god, it's sex on wheels. It's just unbelievable. You can't stop looking at it. It draws you into it, like some
ancient voodoo 'I want you in a nasty way' spell. Even sitting inside of it makes you feel as if you're in a complete different world from the Golf.
The lower stance, the butt hugging seats. And you know, everyone else outside are being cast in that spell, just like you. well, most of everyone
at least.

It's a choice between the mind & heart.

What would be your choice?

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
GTI<<<Scirocco because there's nothing else like it, GTI>Scirocco for the slight more utility. I'd def have to go Scirocco, srry

I mean how sweet is this R....

AM407

Autocross Champion
GTI for me, mostly for the extra doors and practicality.

Scirocco looks nice, but since I'd be giving up practicality, I'd rather just get a proper sporty coupe with RWD.

fokker

Ready to race!
+1 GTI...

I haven't seen the Scirocco in person but from the pictures I like the look of the GTI better. 4 doors > 2. Of course, I'd also go 6 speed > DSG.

jgs5607

Ready to race!
GTI because I do use the back seat more than occasionally; otherwise the Hyundai Genesis Coupe (V6) I drove several times would have moved way up on my list of contenders; I do like RWD handling characteristics better tha FWD...

mrbenyong

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI - with 4 doors :) can fit everyone in perfectly. Sirroco carries the OLD interior from the mrk5 (look at the shit plastic door handles for goodness sakes!).

also there isent a great performance difference between the two unless u r the MOST hardcore racer out there. and if u were, u wouldnt get a FF in the first place.

Sirrocco = LOOKS. nothing else. esp euro ones where they STILL use the old 2.o turbo from the mark5.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Scirocco is easily one of the sexiest cars ever created...but if you need something more practical..get the Golf...Those are really the only differences. Sexy-ness vs practicality...that's nothing we can answer for you...keep in mind the MK6 is still a sexy car...just not on the level of the Scirocco...

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
I say Scirocco. Had this car been available in North America I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Funny, I was playing the game Forza3 on the xbox and bought the Scirocco and was like: "I love the GTI but my god this car looks awesome". And when I was due for a new car, and decided without a doubt I am walking into a dealer, and telling them I want a Scirocco in black...then I realize its not available in the states....very, very upset.

However the 2010 GTI is extremely great looking on its own...so with that being said, Scirocco hands down, although the loss of double clutching seems odd to me...based on the Forza3 numbers, it appears as though the GTI still is more the "powerful" (relative to the Scirocco) car by just a bit...

My vote: Scirocco. And send us pictures so we can dream of the day this car comes stateside... If I had the funds, I would have imported this in a second...love that body style.

StaticFrost

this thread needs more pics.. if the sic was all wheel drive it would be a must have car but they ruined it by just leaving it at front wheel drive even with the R brand on it even though R always has been the all wheel drive.