GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI AWD conversion

fkshtup

Ready to race!
Subscribed. You should make a DIY thread once you are done.

And to all the haters. Don't be jealous at how awesome this is.

Nobody is hating. We all give him credit for this build. But the 99% of us just want to know why not just get the R since he is making one.

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Nobody is hating. We all give him credit for this build. But the 99% of us just want to know why not just get the R since he is making one.

Built not bought. It would much rather do a swap like that then buy an R. Don't get me wrong I still would buy an R but given that I could afford the swap I'd go that route, instead of trading the gti in for the R. The build is where all the fun is at, who cares if it's more expensive?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
What if you were to take an R, and then work backwards to a GTI? Sell the R bumpers, the R seats, get the interlagos seats, switch out the badges/grille? You would have an R that looks like a GTI, with AWD, and with the added power of an R. :D

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
What if you were to take an R, and then work backwards to a GTI? Sell the R bumpers, the R seats, get the interlagos seats, switch out the badges/grille? You would have an R that looks like a GTI, with AWD, and with the added power of an R. :D

Why not just buy an R and then convert to fwd? No one has a fwd golf R, that would be unique.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Why not just buy an R and then convert to fwd? No one has a fwd golf R, that would be unique.

Good point, that would certainly be a unique car. So many options, and only if I had the money.. :laugh:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
This guy is a beast. Props to you sir! Nevermind the haters.

I agree! Sub'd, this is going to be interesting. It's a unique and awesome thing to do. Looking forward to updates and such. :thumbup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If that's what someone wants to do then I say they should go for it

It's their car, their money. I definitely encourage this, it's going to be awesome! An all-wheel drive GTI! :w00t:

Uberryan

Banned
Subscribed. You should make a DIY thread once you are done.

And to all the haters. Don't be jealous at how awesome this is.

A DIY thread? What for? Do you honestly think you'd dump $20k into a similar project?

FuturaGTI

Hey guys, havent updated this much since i've got the Vortex and Build thread here on the go, but for those that havent seen it, I figured i'd post here a little.

As far as putting the Golf R rear end on, it was almost out of necessity. With the driveshaft now in the way, I needed a Golf R downpipe. And hell, if im going to get the downpipe, and HPA makes an exhaust as crazy looking (and sounding, as far as a 2L goes) as the Quad Pack, i'd might as well get the rear bumper to finish it off.

I get what you're all saying about keeping the GTI look, but it's just much cleaner this way in my opinion.

Thanks for the motivation!

Oh, and this...

I'll update more soon. This weekend will be a big one.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! I'm looking forward to updates!