GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to 1/4 mile track

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm taking her to drag race tonight. It's first time with her. What do I expect? I'm running stage 2 and mods are in my sig. Any tips?

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, I already took off the roof rack.:D

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Don't use launch control - too much wheelspin. Traction control off, manual mode. Short shift 1st and probably 2nd to maintain traction, then floor it.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't use launch control - too much wheelspin. Traction control off, manual mode. Short shift 1st and probably 2nd to maintain traction, then floor it.

Oh ok. I thought LC helps but it's not?

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Oh ok. I thought LC helps but it's not?

You might have better luck with it. Whenever I use it I just get so much wheelspin, it just ends up being faster if I use manual mode and roll into the throttle for the first couple gears to get better traction. Better tires and mounts probably help if you have em.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Stg2? high 13s... ? This ain't a drag car, that's for sure, lol.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
1. Cool off the car when you initially arrive at the premises.
2. Using the hand brake wheel spin a bit to warm up the tires.
3.Launch the car once you see the yellow lights! Thanks Drive by wire (sarcasm)
4. Launch the car first in Sport or Drive to get the feeling, then try manual mode or/and LC
5.Cool off again.

Note: half tank of gas & as light as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
my guess is mid to high 13's. and since Mustang GT's run low 13's stock, and knowing stage 2 can't kill it, that's pretty much my assumption.

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck SWC, I'm taking mine today as well, first time since the tune. Anybody recommend a specific tire pressure? Not like it will make up for much but we need all the help we can get, right.
Stock Lagunas and Pirelli P-Zero all seasons for me.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is the result.

ET: 13.82
Trap Speed: 102.11mph
60ft: 2.38

As you guys are expected I managed high 13's with crazy wheel spin. With better 60ft time, I definitely can do mid 13's. I went with two Evo friends(340~350whp) and they both did 13.3~13.7 with 104~106 mph.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I ran with G35 coupe and I destroyed him by 2 cars.:lol:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Here is the result.

As you guys are expected I managed high 13's with crazy wheel spin. With better 60ft time, I definitely can do mid 13's. I went with two Evo friends(340~350whp) and they both did 13.3~13.7 with 104~106 mph.

What kind of tires are you running on?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Here is the result.

Hmmm those evos should be quicker than that... My friend had a evo 8, intake, exhaust, piping, intercooler, and jester tune.. ran 12s. We guesstimated his power in the mid 300s to wheels.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
What kind of tires are you running on?

I'm running on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires. They are runflat tires so I think they are heavy.

Hmmm those evos should be quicker than that... My friend had a evo 8, intake, exhaust, piping, intercooler, and jester tune.. ran 12s. We guesstimated his power in the mid 300s to wheels.

Both of my friends are inexperienced drivers at drag strip.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I'm running on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires. They are runflat tires so I think they are heavy.

Probably wont make too much of a difference, since you're not rolling on the heavy Detroit wheel anyway.