GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tiguan engine VS OEM MK6 engine?

macrossplus

I have a California-born 2010 MK6....is it possible to drop an oem CAWA (2011 tiguan) engine into my car if I no longer get emissions tests in California?

My engine seems to have a 3rd O2 sensor...but that seems to be the only difference....?

I need a motor and im looking for the best/affordable options

I will be using my cars original ECU..
any thoughts?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
GTIs either used CBFA engine (3 o2 sensors) or CCTA engines (2 o2 sensors). Thats about it for engine options. I haven't heard of anyone installing a different engine code than required.

adam.mk6.gti

Just completed a engine swap from a 2012 tiguan into my 2011 GTI. This is Australia so engines here are CCZ. No issues in swapping the motor apart from a faulty oil pressure sensor. This is a Tig motor, with GTI loom and GTI ECU. Make sure you engine code prefix mates up.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Cali engine also has secondary air injection.

macrossplus

Yeah, but apparently you dont need it installed in order for the CCTA engine to work.

I am picking up a new CCTA to put in my CBFA ride. Its a GTI OEM motor. Does anyone know of a shop who has done this? Im just gonna swap it myself. None of my local mechanics have done it before though, so if anyone knows of a shop I can call to ask for advice on any snags they may have encountered, that would be helpfull