GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI Accessport & Accesstuner Updates - New OTS Maps, New Tables, New Monitors

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
great update guys. Was in there checking out the new tables earlier. Keep up the great work. I saw someone ask about No-lift shift and launch control. I do remember them mentioning that those features are something that is on the table for development. Of course Cobb can speak for themselves.

mamock116

Ready to race!
I think an 89 octane eco map would be a cool feature. Like swap to that map before going on a long road trip to get some better mpg.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I think an 89 octane eco map would be a cool feature. Like swap to that map before going on a long road trip to get some better mpg.

Our cars are rated for 91 min though. You'd technically get worse mpg using 89 vs 91.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
great update guys. Was in there checking out the new tables earlier. Keep up the great work. I saw someone ask about No-lift shift and launch control. I do remember them mentioning that those features are something that is on the table for development. Of course Cobb can speak for themselves.

x2 This is something I am really looking forward to.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I think if the car was tuned for 89 it would give some good mpg. I could be wrong though.
You only save roughly ~$5 diffrence between a fill up of regular and premium. So i dont see the need to offer a lower octane tune it wont be any more efficient then a "Eco" tune with higher tier gas.

And on a road trip where you fill up twice one way(highway wise thats like 700 miles) so a round trip of about ~1400 miles would only cost you about $20 more in fuel total. Unless your places rip you off.

Current gas prices in my area Regular(87) $2.13 premium(93) $2.59

So filling up 13 gallons (that leaves you like 1.5 gallon reserve the little light should come on with about 2 gallons left so assuming you fill up pretty closely to when the light comes on you should be putting in around 13 gallons)

Regular total cost $27.69
Premium total cost $33.67
Difference is $5.98

that was a sunoco station i passed some places in my area only have a .30 cent difference between regular and premium which would decrease the total amount paid.

So for about the cost of 2 gallons of regular which in Florida regular is 87, Mid grade is 89, and premium is 91 or 93 (usually 93).

I get a higher tier gas for about 1-2 gallons more in cost.

If we were to compare mid grade (89oct.) to premium (93oct) at the same station

Mid grade (89) $2.42 total for 13 gallons $31.46
Premium grade $2.59 total for 13 gallons $33.67

Or a difference of only $2.21 total (so less than the cost of a gallon of gas)

who128

Ready to race!
Is left foot braking allowed with Cobb? Cause it would be nice if this feature is available to me when i track my car.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Is left foot braking allowed with Cobb? Cause it would be nice if this feature is available to me when i track my car.

What do you mean allowed?
these car has a limiter on when you can apply the brake and gas pedal at the same time. I believe that's what he is asking about. correct?

if so it can be tuned via Cobb. more so adjusted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

who128

Ready to race!
these car has a limiter on when you can apply the brake and gas pedal at the same time. I believe that's what he is asking about. correct?

if so it can be tuned via Cobb. more so adjusted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, i meant like when you try to gas and brake at the same time. The ECU will just cut power. What I'm trying to ask is does COBB offer something similar to APR where it allows left foot braking while your right foot is still on the gas. This braking techniques helps a lot when i track.

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Yeah, i meant like when you try to gas and brake at the same time. The ECU will just cut power. What I'm trying to ask is does COBB offer something similar to APR where it allows left foot braking while your right foot is still on the gas. This braking techniques helps a lot when i track.

hopefully Cobb can chime in and verify faster, but i looked at a table that would allow you to do that in ATP. but havent messed with it yet. if you are on CObb already and willing to try it out, let me know.

who128

Ready to race!
hopefully Cobb can chime in and verify faster, but i looked at a table that would allow you to do that in ATP. but havent messed with it yet. if you are on CObb already and willing to try it out, let me know.

I see. I don't have Cobb yet, but i'm just looking at my options at the moment. The big selling point with Cobb to me is their offer of AccessTuner where i can get a custom tune for the combination of parts that i have.

The left foot braking thing isn't a feature that will turn me down, but it would be nice to have it especially for people that drags(brake boosting) or track.

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
I had multiple Pro tunes from a Cobb shop here and loved the access port on my WRX.

Now this this is out for the mk6, I'm seriously considering it.