GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Yea I dumped a lot of $$ early and went through all the stages but i do all of my own work.

went from k03 to k04 to Loba LO4xx to gtx3071 custom on cts manifold now changing that to custom top mounted turbo. aside from all other mods

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I've spent the least, probably all my mods cost under $5k

BASTARD

I think JR, Don and myself have probably spent the most on our cars, I can't even bring myself to admit what I've spent but like Nick, I've bartered for most all of it. After 10K I stopped counting and this was pre-BT. Once K04 it was all about every HP increasing bolt on possible, suspension/wheels/tires for traction, 2 brake kits with rear upgrade, various intake setups, methanol tanks/jets and tuning (basically where Bowers is at now stretching the limits of a methanol K04). As soon as I went big turbo the bank account drained but that's because I went for the fully built long block (because I can't help myself), custom FMIC, custom exhaust, intake, turbo kit, new meth setup, port injection, TB hardware, and now powdercoating gone wild. I know it's been about 1.5 years but I'm almost there. After I figure out inspection, I'm building my 02Q with all new OE hardware, Darkside braces and ARP case bolts, DSS axles, swapping out the rear ST XTA springs for Swift stiffer springs, powdercoating my rusted rear control arms, installing a rear diffuser and front splitter, having my bumper shaved with the Jetta sportline lower grill and by then the engine will be broken in for my first synthetic oil change and we are on to Torqbyte Tuning and final dyno tune.

Well im putting you at having a 70k GTI
JR with a 60k GTI
I prob had 55k in upgrades and repairs. i also stop counting at 20k in upgrades/repairs. al this includes cost of car.

in other news. i have a TDI Touareg....they want to give me at least $35k for it. i paid like $20k-ish ...so thats awesome

kern417

Go Kart Champion
the people demanded money, and vw delivered. my buddy got 19k for his tdi that booked at 10k. now i really wish i would have picked up JR's tdi cup for a daily.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Lets see, if i did it all one go around:

Turbo/boltons: 7k
Engine: 2k
Trans: 3k
Suspension: 3k
Brakes: 500
Wheels: 2k
Interior: 3k
Exterior: 3k

I think that's everything.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
That's race car money right there lol. I'd take the money and run, maybe new one when they come out

Idk about 60k either I know my wiring harness I'm in like 1500 at the minute and that is harness alone no boost control or vacuum pump.

Got 14k for my tdi cup. It was basically perfect condition still but I ended up with something fun for the wife. 2014 S6 found one black pearl metalic with black ops package and driver assistance, only 8600 miles when I picked it up. Checked the LC counter to see how much it was beat on, 0 launches. Just flashed it Uni stage 1+, 530hp and 560tq. Also put black rings on it as well, she needs to secede what color wrap and will get some spacers to flush the wheels

Love the car gas mileage is half the tdi though, and the auto cruise in stop and go is scary as hell will need to get used to that

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
You know you've been here too long when people have left and come back and you're still only posting in the same thread. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk