GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick Question: O2 Sensor on Catless Downpipe

NarcNarwal

I just purchased a Beluga Racing Downpipe for my CCTA engine. I’m reading through on installations of DP’s and have been a bit confused on O2 sensors. My father who’s worked on cars all his life, but never modified, was concerned about the O2 sensors getting burned. Is that a valid concern?

Also, I’m going to be tuning with Stratified in a month or two, will that eliminate the CEL post DP install?

And finally if i put the O2 sensors straight into the DP will that effect any fuel to air ratio and cause it to run lean? I had read about it a little but without a full explanation i was lost.

Thank you all in advance!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I just purchased a Beluga Racing Downpipe for my CCTA engine. I’m reading through on installations of DP’s and have been a bit confused on O2 sensors. My father who’s worked on cars all his life, but never modified, was concerned about the O2 sensors getting burned. Is that a valid concern?

Also, I’m going to be tuning with Stratified in a month or two, will that eliminate the CEL post DP install?

And finally if i put the O2 sensors straight into the DP will that effect any fuel to air ratio and cause it to run lean? I had read about it a little but without a full explanation i was lost.

Thank you all in advance!
I have a catless dp and even on the stock exhaust the first o2 sensor is before the cat. With the rear one you may need a spacer to avoid a code but not having one won't hurt anything.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

nagokart

Ready to race!
Been running catless for over a year now and also tuned with Stratified. No issues and no CEL.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Catless beluga exhaust also.

Not sure if it is burned but i rode around with the CEL (due to being catless and the readings super high) ,so the CEL was for the cat efficiency, with no drive-ability issues at all For awhile before i got the stratified tune. Have been CEL free since the tune.