GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > General Car News and Discussions

Old 03-22-2018, 03:49 PM   #43
nevekd128
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: sf muni
N55 It is????
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #44
bart2278
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: racecar kngikcuf a sti
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
N55 It is????
B58, but hopefully with stronger internals
Eurodyne Tune • ECS Intake • RSR Clutch • Peloquin LSD • Fluidampr Crank Pulley• Neuspeed FMIC • Charge & Top Pipe • Turbosmart Thing • Dieselgeek Short Throw • Eurojet Catless DP • Vanguard Catback • R8 Coils • Bosch Plugs • 034 Street Density Trans/Motor Mounts • Advanti HY Hybris Black • Conti ExtremeContact • Mabotech m380h w/tune
bart2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #45
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 UG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart2278 View Post
B58, but hopefully with stronger internals
I'll take the S54 or the M20.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Instagram
dustbunny227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #46
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
With all the hype and demand just for the "Supra" name, they will demand a nice chunk of change to buy one.

I personally prefer anything newer over a BRZ/FRS swap. Those cars look too puny to be honest than even the original Supra. The 90s Supra has a Japanese muscle car look if you will and if that even makes sense. It just looks powerful and strong. I don't get that feeling at all from the BRZ/FRS cars. I also think their backend looks too boring and falls flat. Even the original Supra's arse is a hell of a lot better looking.

I always wanted a Supra, but most likely it will be out of what I could afford. That 2JZ is a symphony of amazing harmonic sounds.
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #47
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnailPower View Post
With all the hype and demand just for the "Supra" name, they will demand a nice chunk of change to buy one.

I personally prefer anything newer over a BRZ/FRS swap. Those cars look too puny to be honest than even the original Supra. The 90s Supra has a Japanese muscle car look if you will and if that even makes sense. It just looks powerful and strong. I don't get that feeling at all from the BRZ/FRS cars. I also think their backend looks too boring and falls flat. Even the original Supra's arse is a hell of a lot better looking.

I always wanted a Supra, but most likely it will be out of what I could afford. That 2JZ is a symphony of amazing harmonic sounds.
Almost all inline 6's will have that sound or similar sound though. I get what you are saying though. It does have a very distinct note to it.

The styling of the supra was just so ahead of its time though, the cockpit was very well designed, driver focused, etc.

I love the tail lights the most on the back end of the supra. Followed very quickly by the spoiler it got.

I'm hoping I'll have the ability to purchase the new supra either new or very slightly used. Since the mk4 just won't go down in price at all.

I almost bought a brz when I was shopping for a new car. The lack of turbo was definitely a disappointment. And like you said, the styling just wasn't there. The other thing that bugged me was that there were 3 different cars all the same, the scion frs, the subaru brz, and the Toyota 86. I found it utterly pointless to have different names for the same exact car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Instagram
Old 10-31-2018, 11:14 PM   #48
Blunted_Brick
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: rode hard & put up dry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny227 View Post
The lack of turbo was definitely a disappointment.
Yes and no - for the purist, the NA motor is more desirable in many cases. The trouble with the BRZ family, though, is that the motor is really short on torque. IIRC a stage 1 Mk6 generates nearly twice the torque without upgrading any hardware.
Blunted_Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #49
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 153k+
Better to spend the money on a last gen Supra, if you can find one. Prices on them will just go up. I kind of wish I had bought an NSX back when you could find them for 20k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #50
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Better to spend the money on a last gen Supra, if you can find one. Prices on them will just go up. I kind of wish I had bought an NSX back when you could find them for 20k.
I hear ya. I feel the same way about the e30 M3's... I could have had one for 15k...

Instagram
Old 11-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #51
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
BRZ with a 2JZ swap though... once you see it you can't unsee how much it really is/can be the REAL 'new supra'. Just saying
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #52
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
BRZ with a 2JZ swap though... once you see it you can't unsee how much it really is/can be the REAL 'new supra'. Just saying
It was supposed to be during the initial planning but they scrapped it for some reason.

Instagram
Old 11-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #53
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Now that just ain't right!!
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #54
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny227 View Post
I hear ya. I feel the same way about the e30 M3's... I could have had one for 15k...

I could have purchased one in 2007 for $7,500 from a friend of mine. The only problem was that he had just put over $9k into it the year prior to offering it to me for $7,500 and I was scared it would become a money pit. It ended up being totaled by a utility truck literally running over it while parked near the street with the "For Sale" sign on it. Sad ending for that black e30.

He ended up paying $20k over sticker for a brand new (at the time) 2007 GT500 to replace his fun e30.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote