GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
zthang
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6 Gti
Anyone had Intake Manifold replaced under warranty with Aftermarket Intake?

I'm getting the dreaded P2015 and will most likely need a new intake manifold.
My car is a 2011 which I believe should be in the group covered by the 10yr/120k mile extended warranty for these manifolds.

My question is if anyone has had any experience bringing their car in with these faults and also have an aftermarket intake. I'm really hoping the dealership won't try to void the warranty for this because of the intake.
zthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
They can't void your warranty due to an intake. There's many threads covering this, search and you'll find all your answers.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Pakman332
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
My car has a decent number of mods including intake and tune, and my dealer didn't even question it. I was fully expecting them to say no especially because of the tune. Got a carbon cleaning while it was in there too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Pakman332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
BudgetPhoenix
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 09 GLI
I just had mine done this weekend. I just put the stock intake back on and removed my boost tap and boost gauge so they didn't hassle me. They didn't mention anything about my tune or downpipe either. I know 99% of the time they probably wouldn't care but there's always that 1% chance and I actually had read about dealers getting people a hard time over unrelated mods, it only take 5 mins to swap back to stock so I just did it.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
herrerafavian2
Ready to race!

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetPhoenix View Post
I just had mine done this weekend. I just put the stock intake back on and removed my boost tap and boost gauge so they didn't hassle me. They didn't mention anything about my tune or downpipe either. I know 99% of the time they probably wouldn't care but there's always that 1% chance and I actually had read about dealers getting people a hard time over unrelated mods, it only take 5 mins to swap back to stock so I just did it.
Did anyone have the intake ports cleaned off while they did the job? Its 375 that I don't have but the car is in getting the manifold plus a thermostat sensor changed under warranty. And the service advisor said if something happens down the line with the intake again it wont be covered since we declined on the cleaning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
herrerafavian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
BudgetPhoenix
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 09 GLI
I declined when they asked If I wanted it done since I had did it myself last summer. They didnt mention though that it wouldn't be covered if anything happened in the future. Sounds like BS to me, since carbon buildup on the valves has nothing to do with why the intake manifolds fail. Although, it wouldnt be a bad idea to get it done either if it never has been done.

Last edited by BudgetPhoenix; 06-28-2018 at 01:18 AM.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #7
Pakman332
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrerafavian2 View Post
Did anyone have the intake ports cleaned off while they did the job? Its 375 that I don't have but the car is in getting the manifold plus a thermostat sensor changed under warranty. And the service advisor said if something happens down the line with the intake again it wont be covered since we declined on the cleaning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I did it while I had my car in for the manifold to save some money. Kinda sounds like they're trying to scare you into doing it though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Pakman332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #8
zthang
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6 Gti
Just had my car in for the service finally last week.

Just to recap, I was getting a rough idle for the first 10 sec every time I would start the car, accompanied by the P2015 fault code with a check engine light. My car is at 80k miles.

This was the 2nd time I've had the intake manifold replaced under warranty (first time was at 40k).

Luckily, the manifold was still covered under the extended 120k mile warranty (even with my aftermarket intake installed). I was running the Cobb stage 1+ tune but reverted back to stock before I brought it in just in case.

While they were there I had them clean the carbon buildup from the valves as well and that was the only thing I had to pay for which was $250.
zthang is offline   Reply With Quote