GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Colder air is denser so you don't build as much psi during the winter and once it warms up you see higher psi again.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Colder air is denser so you don't build as much psi during the winter and once it warms up you see higher psi again.

I’ve had my K04 for 2 summers and I’ve never seen the boost go up to 30 psi that’s why I’m curious... that makes sense though...

But I don’t recall K04 should be pushing that much boost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I’ve had my K04 for 2 summers and I’ve never seen the boost go up to 30 psi that’s why I’m curious... that makes sense though...

But I don’t recall K04 should be pushing that much boost...

Question of should or could?
It can push 30 peak, I have and its scary boost.
Can you log anything? It will tell us if its matching requests or some other issue. Also what rpm do you see 30lbs approximately?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Question of should or could?
It can push 30 peak, I have and its scary boost.
Can you log anything? It will tell us if its matching requests or some other issue. Also what rpm do you see 30lbs approximately?

I don’t have the ability to log but I’m pretty sure it sees 30 if I go wot on 4K rpm...

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I don’t have the ability to log but I’m pretty sure it sees 30 if I go wot on 4K rpm...

Is it apr software? If so, iirc that is near their torque crossover point, so the turbo prolly peaks up to hit the torque request.
If you start wot at like 2.5-3k do you see this?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
is your dv upgraded?

I have rev D dv

Is it apr software? If so, iirc that is near their torque crossover point, so the turbo prolly peaks up to hit the torque request.

I have revo, I will try again later and see what happens...

BjxGTI

Ready to race!

So I tried this, it will spoke to 30psi... and some surging...

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So I tried this, it will spoke to 30psi... and some surging...

Have you changed anything recently mechanically?
Maybe this is a wastegate issue
But it would be hard to diagnose without request vs actual logs for the tune. Else we will just be fishing

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Have you changed anything recently mechanically?
Maybe this is a wastegate issue
But it would be hard to diagnose without request vs actual logs for the tune. Else we will just be fishing

What do I need to log? This is what I’m worried about...

I have not done anything mechanically recently

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I would log rpm, throttle position/accelerator position boost requested, vs boost actual, wastegate duty cycle, engine final timing, maf (g/s)

This would tell us what the car thinks throttle input is, what it wants for boost, what you are making for boost, and wgdc % needed to get there.
If requested and actual match, then I wouldn't worry. If wgdc is low percentage and you are still making high boost, this points me to wastegate issue. Should be able to log with vcds or make revo has some tool. Good luck, maybe someone local can help you.

javiersan93

Has anyone ever gotten that "2-3" where their odometer should be? I got my APR Stage 2 done today with program switching as an option.

At first I thought that it might be because I selected program 2 of 3, but then I chose program 1 and it didn't change to "1-3."

I checked for errors via VCDS, but got nothing.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Car info:

2010 GTI (DSG)
APR Stage 2 ECU Tune (91/93/Valet)
APR DSG Tune

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ce4

Ready to race!
So driving home yesterday in a 45 mph zone, come up on a curve with a hill/rise in the middle. Take said turn, curving right, and front end seems to lift up and "float", almost like understeer. Any ideas as to what might have caused it? I've noticed it a few times on long sweeping highway curves, at highway speeds, too.

Car is '13 GTI, DE with DSG, 4 door. Stratified tune Stg 1, 93 oct. Conti DWS06 tires (filled to 38psi), less than 5k miles on them. Used to have the 034 Dogbone Insert but removed it when the dogbone snapped and VW replaced under warranty. Car hasn't really felt right since. I have not put the insert back in because the NVH seems worse than before the mount snapped.

Thx for any infos!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So driving home yesterday in a 45 mph zone, come up on a curve with a hill/rise in the middle. Take said turn, curving right, and front end seems to lift up and "float", almost like understeer. Any ideas as to what might have caused it? I've noticed it a few times on long sweeping highway curves, at highway speeds, too.

Car is '13 GTI, DE with DSG, 4 door. Stratified tune Stg 1, 93 oct. Conti DWS06 tires (filled to 38psi), less than 5k miles on them. Used to have the 034 Dogbone Insert but removed it when the dogbone snapped and VW replaced under warranty. Car hasn't really felt right since. I have not put the insert back in because the NVH seems worse than before the mount snapped.

Thx for any infos!

I feel this too every once in a while. One of those big looping right turn on ramps and partway up the car feels like it kinda slips to the left. Im on 255 Indy 500's though so I know im not slipping.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also looking to do a timing job soon, in regards to the screen in the cam bridge, if its about to fall out or already out, do I have to replace it or can I just leave it out as long as the ball cant escape?