GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-25-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
NarcNarwal

Drives: 2013 Autobahn DSG
Quick Question: O2 Sensor on Catless Downpipe

I just purchased a Beluga Racing Downpipe for my CCTA engine. Iím reading through on installations of DPís and have been a bit confused on O2 sensors. My father whoís worked on cars all his life, but never modified, was concerned about the O2 sensors getting burned. Is that a valid concern?

Also, Iím going to be tuning with Stratified in a month or two, will that eliminate the CEL post DP install?

And finally if i put the O2 sensors straight into the DP will that effect any fuel to air ratio and cause it to run lean? I had read about it a little but without a full explanation i was lost.

Thank you all in advance!
NarcNarwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcNarwal View Post
I just purchased a Beluga Racing Downpipe for my CCTA engine. Iím reading through on installations of DPís and have been a bit confused on O2 sensors. My father whoís worked on cars all his life, but never modified, was concerned about the O2 sensors getting burned. Is that a valid concern?

Also, Iím going to be tuning with Stratified in a month or two, will that eliminate the CEL post DP install?

And finally if i put the O2 sensors straight into the DP will that effect any fuel to air ratio and cause it to run lean? I had read about it a little but without a full explanation i was lost.

Thank you all in advance!
I have a catless dp and even on the stock exhaust the first o2 sensor is before the cat. With the rear one you may need a spacer to avoid a code but not having one won't hurt anything.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
nagokart
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn
Been running catless for over a year now and also tuned with Stratified. No issues and no CEL.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Catless beluga exhaust also.

Not sure if it is burned but i rode around with the CEL (due to being catless and the readings super high) ,so the CEL was for the cat efficiency, with no drive-ability issues at all For awhile before i got the stratified tune. Have been CEL free since the tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beluga racing, downpipe, downpipe exhaust, exhaust, o2 sensor