GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Sub & Amp Install

White0head

I don't know by experience. Just thought I'd chime in.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Does anyone have an update on where to locate the wiring harness that you can use to avoid splicing into stock wire harness, the previous links say the product is no longer available?

Simply typing, "SOT976 ISO" into Google revealed a plethora of links to buy that particular harness, including eBay links to buy it for under $15. It's confirmed useable on a 2010 GTI but I have no way of confirming that it works with a 2011/12/13 GTI or Golf. Though, I would assume it does. There are also different models of that same harness for depending on exactly what harness outputs are needed in your vehicle.

Have there been any major changes in the outputs on the back of the head units since 2010 I'm gonna most likely purchase and if i doesn't for atleast now we know if it will fit 2012..

yeah that is my plan and hopefully it fits.

A thread i read on how to install the wiring harness says you need to recode the output stage power? Im not so sure how accurate this is i was just wondering if it is true or if this is for some other application. I was under the impression that this was more or less plug and play.

chanthing

Passed Driver's Ed
A thread i read on how to install the wiring harness says you need to recode the output stage power? Im not so sure how accurate this is i was just wondering if it is true or if this is for some other application. I was under the impression that this was more or less plug and play.

Depends on into what you are directing the output. By default, with the standard OEM sound system, the HU output is "speaker-level". I believe you mentioned to me in a PM that you are using an LC2i, in which case, the L2Ci will accept speaker-level input and "adjust" it to a level acceptable for amplifier input.

Note that some amplifiers specifically accept speaker-level inputs directly, in which case there may be a switch for selecting the appropriate setting for your configuration. The one advantage you can get from leaving the HU outputting speaker-level signals is that such signals can be (and often are) used to trigger remote on signals on these amplifiers or from a box such as your L2Ci, or a DSP, like the Mosconi 6to8 that I'm using.

-- chanthing

For my remote line im going to run to my rear cig lighter 12v. From what i read the L2Ci is designed to hooked directly to the rear speaker cables so im assuming it will work fine.
just waiting on some more parts and ill install end of the month.

chanthing

Passed Driver's Ed
For my remote line im going to run to my rear cig lighter 12v. From what i read the L2Ci is designed to hooked directly to the rear speaker cables so im assuming it will work fine.
just waiting on some more parts and ill install end of the month.

The LC2i will generate a remote signal when a speaker-level signal "appears" on its input jacks. See this thread (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35644&page=3) for lots of good info on using and configuring an LC2i.