GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For anyone with/wanting SiriusXM

///Audience

Ready to race!
One word. Haggle. These guys are getting pretty desperate for accounts. They initially quoted me $199 for a year of service. It didn't take much pushing to get them down to $15/month. It took a bit more force to get them down to $12/month. At this point I told them I was willing to pay no more than $100/year including activation/tax and they put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and took my credit card info.

If you already have service, call up there now and tell them you want a better rate or you are canceling. You will be amazed at how fast they reduce your costs.

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
Got mine for 100$.

I don't use it enough though. NFL radio and sports stations are great, but I haven't found a channel I listen to enough to justify 100$ a year

McSwine

Ready to race!
You're better off letting the service lapse. The last couple of times I got sat radio it was $25 for 6 months. You've got to keep up with the end date however...and call a couple of days before and tell them you want to cancel. Don't let them talk you into any kind of deal; let it lapse.

Last edited:

colslaw87

Ready to race!
When I bought my GTI, I had XM for 3 months. Up until the day it shut off, I kept getting letters in the mail about "new" low rates. Literally begging me to sign up and keep the service. Last I saw it was something like $25 for 6 months, as said above.

kaptaink

Ready to race!
I was just offered 1 year for 7.17/month or 86/year no activation.......I wont sign up for more than 5/month and min 2 years

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I recently negotiated 5 months for $25. Before that I got 6 months for $25.

Last edited:

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
This topic comes up quite often around here. In the last one we talked about how you can quite easily (for some people, anyway) get $4 a month deals. I haven't payed more than $8 a month since I bought my car.

Which reminds me, I actually need to re-haggle my account. Just last week the subscription ran out, so I currently cannot listen to Stern on the way to work :(

///Audience

Ready to race!
I've never been a big supporter of sat radio until my car came with a free month. Jam band radio and classical music got me hooked

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I've never paid over 25 for 6 months. Doesn't take much at all for them to give me that price.

It pretty much goes they start at 15/mo and I say I will cancel unless they do 25/6 MO and they say they can't so I say fine cancel it. Then I get transferred and they do it.

The key is to not let them keep your cc on file so they have to send you a paper statement.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
^Definitely remember to tell them to NOT auto-resubscribe, regardless of which deal you get at any given time. Auto-renew reinstates whatever the 'normal' monthly cost is. Then you have to phone them up and tell them to get bent.