GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the Golf world!

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Mm, nice mods. Like the rear wheel camber! I know exactly what you mean. Just getting the Golf, I knew it wasn't that special. I plan to do enough mods that I might be able to sell outright or trade in down the road for a higher end model, or the GTI,and, of course, not lose out on too much dough. We shall see how it goes. Any recommendations on CAI? I'm looking at the Carbonio, but I'm still indecisive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the carbonio for 2 years. I loved it to death. Wish I still have it. I got state refed for it. (Is not carb legal) so I sold it and went to the NEUSPEED. VOLANT makes a cold air I believe. But I loved the carbonio. If I could go back I would. Will I? no. Only cause it's not carb legal. I have the PFLO now. It's alright.

Jax.S1585

Lucky for me I'm in the "great" state of Texas. Won't be forever, but for now, work binds me to the state. I don't believe they have any emissions laws regarding the Carbonio, at least from what I could see, should be okay. It's pay day, so as I type this I have another tab opened pulling up the Carbonio. Which site would be best, do you think?

ErrordOut

Passed Driver's Ed
Lucky for me I'm in the "great" state of Texas. Won't be forever, but for now, work binds me to the state. I don't believe they have any emissions laws regarding the Carbonio, at least from what I could see, should be okay. It's pay day, so as I type this I have another tab opened pulling up the Carbonio. Which site would be best, do you think?

Correct. Texas gives 0 damns about the Carbonio. I can speak to this since I recently had the car inspected with one on the vehicle. I bought mine new from ECS. You might be able to pickup a good deal on the forums. Word of advice to the Carbonio (and any other intake), unless you have exhaust, other mods, and a tune to take advantage, it won't add much power. All you'll get is a mean sounding car. But man, does it add to the sound! The sound of the intake and the exhaust is worth the $325, IMHO.

Lastly, be sure to get the right Carbonio for your application. Even though I live in Tejas, I was sold a CBUA model which requires the extra breathing filter for the secondary air pump. Before you order, open your hood and look on one of the stickers towards the front to see which model you have and order the corresponding model.

I think this would even pass in California if you have CBUA. CBTA is another story. Maybe someone can chime in on this to confirm...

Cheers

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion

http://www.moddedeuros.com/products...0025-mk6-golf-slash-jetta-sportwagen-2-dot-5l

Use promo code GOLFMK6FORUM to get it for $308 shipped. Can't beat that.