GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr Crackle

GTIWolfsburg

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone know if they plan on putting the crackles for the MK6s? I'd use stratified but since i'm APR tuned, i'd rather keep with my APR.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
There's like a 90% chance they won't give it to us. They're basically done with the mk6 platform, plus their last ECU update was practically a flop anyway

Noodle1

Ready to race!
apr just came out with an update to the gen 3 gli's. I know some of them came in a mk6 bodystyle buy yeah, I think apr is done with the gen 1&2 engines.

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
I asked and got a no, part of the many reasons I am switching to a Stratified tune in the next month or so. I love APR's stuff but their current MK6 GTI tune has some issues that they seem to have no intention of fixing, if I ever get a Mk7 or an Audi I would consider going back to them, but I am done with them for this car.

Going forward, Stratified is the way to go. There's a reason APR was always on top most of the time, but i just can't bring myself to upgrade to the newest tune they have for us with all the issues there have been for the last 2 years

GTIWolfsburg

Passed Driver's Ed
I asked and got a no, part of the many reasons I am switching to a Stratified tune in the next month or so. I love APR's stuff but their current MK6 GTI tune has some issues that they seem to have no intention of fixing, if I ever get a Mk7 or an Audi I would consider going back to them, but I am done with them for this car.

whats wrong with the current APR MK6 tune?

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
whats wrong with the current APR MK6 tune?

For me, and keep in mind I can only speak for me and my car in particular, I have been having strange drivability issues with part throttle acceleration, low speed hesitation, and boost surging. Its been super annoying, top that off with the fact that they want way to much money for me to switch from my current 93 tune to a 91 tune (I am moving and wont have access to reliable 93) and the fact that they wont give us crackles, all many reasons I want to move to a new tune.

Stratified is gonna be my go to as it leaves me way more open to future mods and custom tune revisions for my exact car and mods, plus I like that they are in Vancouver so for me they are super familiar with our horrible B.C. gas.

ChefT

Ready to race!
If having a crackle sound coming out of your exhaust keeps you from using a tuner, that’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
everyones got a preference on what they want out of a tune.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
If having a crackle sound coming out of your exhaust keeps you from using a tuner, that’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really, gti's sound like blenders/vacume cleaners no matter what exhaust you get. The crackle actually makes the car sound agressive imo

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk