GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 06-05-2018, 04:10 PM   #1471
FndrStrat06
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Black 2014 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantram View Post
Apple Maps has improved significantly, though once you get hooked with Waze it is hard to go back.

Apple Maps has been absolutely fine for me, and I think the legitimate reasons to hate it have slipped into the distant past.

That said, I just can't get behind Waze tracking my location to spit location-based ads at me.
FndrStrat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:19 PM   #1472
msantram
Go Kart Champion

Drives: '13 GTI DE/'11 JSW TDI (VW buyback)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FndrStrat06 View Post
Apple Maps has been absolutely fine for me, and I think the legitimate reasons to hate it have slipped into the distant past.
What I have gotten used to is the crowd-sourced reports on 5-0, road hazards, and traffic. Those are not available in Apple Maps, AFAIK. But Waze and Google Maps are coming to iOS 12: http://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/06/...upport-ios-12/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FndrStrat06 View Post
That said, I just can't get behind Waze tracking my location to spit location-based ads at me.
I signed out of Waze and operate in semi-anonymous mode.

Last edited by msantram; 06-05-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: iOS 12
msantram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:34 PM   #1473
TakmaN
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW GTI 6MT
So my head unit screen just totally froze today. It's stuck on the sound settings menu but still has notification pop-ups like when I plug and unplug my phone. Pressing anywhere on the screen does nothing and pressing the buttons does nothing except I can turn on/off the radio/media this way.

Anyone have any ideas on how to "reset" the head unit?
Mod List: Unitronic Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo | VMR 810 | ST Coilovers | Magnaflow Catback | Dieselgeek Sigma 6 | OEM LED Tail Lights w/ LED Reverse | Newsouth Boost Gauge | Boomba Shift Knob | Euro Switch | Euro Cup Holders | OEM Front Lip | Blind Spot Mirror | Soundaktor Delete | VAG-COM Coding
Wish List: Unibrace UB | FFE Shift Bracket Bushings
TakmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #1474
speeding_ant
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 Golf GTI
You can hold the power button for 10 seconds and it should reset. Just hold it until the screen turns off.
speeding_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #1475
hieros49

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5L
Could someone who is registered at rcd330plus.com please please please do me a favor and get me a link to a firmware download or upload it to dropbox or something? I've been waiting over a week for a registration confirmation from the mods there.

I need the one labeled
Quote:
if your unit Hw:541 5406 C210 Then download this firmware ( no need update with Y510 first )
located here http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=315
hieros49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #1476
stasio
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: VW Polo
You can found on 4pda forum and also on aiduauto.com/blog/
stasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #1477
hieros49

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasio View Post
You can found on 4pda forum and also on aiduauto.com/blog/
Thank you so much! You're a life saver!
hieros49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 PM   #1478
scmaslow

Drives: 12 MK6 CSG .:R20T
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSSIVE View Post
I installed my RCD330 the other day, latest E part number with 565 hardware and Y510, C210 software. Now I can see why some people think it works fine with Dynaudio and others realize it doesn't 100%. It depends on how loud you turn it up. It works fine with the volume anywhere below half, once you go towards 2/3 or 3/4 it starts to distort and all the way up is just a wall of distorted noise unlike the stock RNS315.

After taking some voltage measurements from the speaker outs I was right in my thinking. The RNS315 only puts out a 4V max from the speakers when all the way up. The RCD330 being made for cars without external amps isn't limited on it's speaker output and will spike above 6V when all the way up. That's why at around that 2/3-3/4 volume it starts to distort since it's surpassing the 4V the Dynaudio amp is expecting from the headunit.

Since you can't Vagcom code the voltage down on the RCD330 like you can the other RNS units since it never came in a car with an amp you have to drop the voltage with hardware, essentially treating it like any aftermarket headunit that also can't be coded. I have what should be the answer to this problem on the way and once I can confirm it works I'll post more info. I don't want anyone who cares about this to spend money on something until I test it.

It also, as expected, doesn't show the fader, just balance which is due to coding. Once I get my hardware speaker level fix I'll also try some alternate coding since apparently coding it for a Skoda amp will then show the fader.

Beyond that, at 50% volume and lower the RCD330 is a real nice upgrade to the very small screen, very dated feeling RNS315. I much prefer using Android Auto and Google maps to the old RNS315.

As for any other things to note, mine does have the odd quirk that others have mentioned where after using Google assistant the volume will drop on the music you were listening to, but not every time and only if it's Android Auto music, not SD card or radio. I can live with that little quirk since it takes an extra second or two to raise the volume back up.
Any update on the hardware install to fix the Dynaudio RCD330 amp issue
scmaslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:31 AM   #1479
TakmaN

Anyone else get a little annoyed that there's no notification pop-up on the screen when changing songs (like from the SD card or radio stations) using the steering wheel controls while on another screen/menu? My RNS315 even did this so I'm kind of bummed the new one doesn't have this feature. Was really handy being able to see the song while on say the Nav screen.
Mod List: Unitronic Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo | VMR 810 | ST Coilovers | Magnaflow Catback | Dieselgeek Sigma 6 | OEM LED Tail Lights w/ LED Reverse | Newsouth Boost Gauge | Boomba Shift Knob | Euro Switch | Euro Cup Holders | OEM Front Lip | Blind Spot Mirror | Soundaktor Delete | VAG-COM Coding
Old 06-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #1480
Schaber403
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Tornado Red MK6 GTI
Anyone connect a sub & amp to these guys? How did you do it?
Schaber403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #1481
krvnked
Rally Car Champion

Drives: MK6
anyone interested in a CarPlay "desay" model for 150$ shipped anywhere in the usa? Nothing wrong with it but I realized I wanted to order a different model but it already shipped and it was too late. if youre interested please pm me so i get an email notification. figure if anyone here is on the fence about one of these i can save you a few bucks plus its already in the usa..
Old 06-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #1482
TakmaN

Anyone have any clue what the difference is between the 187E version with Y510 FW and the 187B version with 5314 FW? Or even the 5515 FW?

I recently contacted a reviewer who bought the 5515 FW and is reporting no bugs unlike what I've read here from posts a few months ago.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:34 AM   #1483
mikeysentra

Drives: 2015 Tiguan SEL
I have installed the Unit and adapters in my 2014 Tiguan and everything works...But the Backup camera is in black and white. sometimes it flickers from color to black and white but 99% of the time it B&W. any ideas why? I have replaced the camera adapter and RCA adapter to no help. is this a internal issue with the head unit? TIA
mikeysentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #1484
zwarthoffr

Drives: 2010 Scirocco 1.4TSI
An update regarding the Dynaudio issue, sadly i've had no succes with the alpine adapter.

First of all the adapter had DIN connections, which I changed out for 8 pin quadlock connections. Then I added in the adapter in the quadlock extending the original 8 pin through the adapter.

However, no succes, the sound still distorts 60%+ volume and there is still static noise from the tweeters
The volume of the sound does seem lower with the adapter though.

Although I do have a Scirocco it's the same Dynaudio system.
zwarthoffr is offline   Reply With Quote