GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pic request! H&R Sport or VWR springs

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Anybody have good before and after side shots?
Looking for a small drop and a ride that is still somewhat smooth for my extended highway trips.

VWR springs: Site claims 10-15mm front drop and 8-13 rear drop.

H&R claims 3/4" lowering but history shows they do much more than that.

Much appreciated if you can review also!

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
ON H&R sports

Before:

After:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
ON H&R sports

No..No....No....No...No. This is the Golf R forum. Different story.

Dave, have you looked into the Euro spring setup? I heard its a mild setup but with some good gains in handling for not a bad price.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Check Candy Coated Comet VW build thread. He is running VWR springs. The first drop in the thread is ST's but then he switched to VWR. There is a rake. Looks good on 2D in person though. Not so much on 4dr.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Dave, have you looked into the Euro spring setup? I heard its a mild setup but with some good gains in handling for not a bad price.

I have! But found them to be BIG bucks! Thought another guy had some imported at a cost of around $600 or so??

drhiggens

Ready to race!

I feel like this number is from the euro spec cars, that are lower then the NA cars, I would say they are closer to 1.5-1.75ish . At any rate the gti in the photo looks just about right as far as what the R looks like. It will not give you tuck but it will be close and there is no need for camber plates.

On a side note I think the ride quality of the H&R it better then the stock setup.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Check Candy Coated Comet VW build thread. He is running VWR springs. The first drop in the thread is ST's but then he switched to VWR. There is a rake. Looks good on 2D in person though. Not so much on 4dr.

Just looked, it shows he has FK coil overs????

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
higgens, what are they? How is the ride?

08CW R32

Ready to race!
Was told that....

the VWR Springs are basically H&R springs rebadged. So they both give you a small drop from stock, but not crazy. My car looks great after I lowered it with springs.

Anybody have good before and after side shots?
Looking for a small drop and a ride that is still somewhat smooth for my extended highway trips.

VWR springs: Site claims 10-15mm front drop and 8-13 rear drop.

Much appreciated if you can review also!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I thought VWR used EIBACH as their standard......??? Seeing the EIBACH stamped on their springs and coils this weekend I only assumed..

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
my H&R sport springs should be waiting for me when I get home, I'll post pics once I get them installed

drhiggens

Ready to race!
H&R I think are better then stock I was really surprised less noise and the ride quality they just transfer a lot less vibration into the passenger compartment.
Then I put the H&R sway bars on and it tightened up a bit more. My main concern has been ride quality then performance and I would recommend the set up im using for a DD.