GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 AM   #1
Moretti
Autocross Champion

Drives: Golf mk6 Gti
Exclamation AMP on stock unit (RNS310)

Hello !

I just wanted some info about installing an AMP to oem headunit for better audio quality.

Is it worth ? Who has done this ?

No sub or anything else.

InstaGram: moretti_mk6
Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT - 2016 MK7 GTi DSG
I installed a pioneer GM-D1004 in the stock Dynaudio position under the seat, installed it with a plug and play SOT loom that plugs in between the headunit and original wiring, you need to code the head unit as if it’s a Dynaudio system to have full integration though, with upgraded speakers it sounds great and has no distortion at all, in my opinion it is well worth it, particularly as it works as OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
gijoewoz
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2005 Impreza RS
If the audio internals are the same as the RCD310, an amp won't do much, but it will help you get better volume output before the head unit distorts. So, you may get more output, but it won't help much with sound quality.

In the end, and amp does one thing, makes the music louder. If your current setup is loud enough, then an amp won't do a whole lot. It has the potential of making the music more dynamic by allowing the high peaks to play without distortion, but if you want a real increase in sound quality, an amp won't make a big difference, you need speakers, a new head unit, and/or a DSP.
gijoewoz is offline   Reply With Quote