GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABT Tuning

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody had any experience with ABT?

I live in Dubai where we dont have the luxury of APR and various others. my only choices really are ABT, Revo or ship a bluefin from the UK.

However the VW dealer in the next city of Abu Dhabi is also the authorised dealer of ABT which will enable my car to retain its original warranty if I have any ABT work done by them.

here's the link to the ABT website:
http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/auswahl-tuning/model/VW Golf/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and it can be good or bad, also any feedback on the Revo tune's would be welcome.

I have a 2011 Golf GTI

cheers in advance:)

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed
way too expensive!! not worth the money. i've heard people say that the tune is not too great either. dunno why though. read up on it. I suggest you buy parts from APR online. Just take em off before service :)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
cheers guys, im also looking into revo however it seems they have very mixed reviews. I think bluefin could also be a good option for me, i've emailed ABT also and am awaitng a reply so will see what the outcome is.

91gl

Ready to race!
Revo is right up there with the rest of them so take those mixed reviews with a grain of salt. 90% of the mk6 community are Apr fan boys since they are usually first to market with their products but that doesn't mean the others are not good or safe. You'll make a decent amount of power more with Revo than Apr.

PyroBob

I'm in.
I had REVO on my MKV and I will never associate myself with them again.

Bad people, bad tune, bad service. All bad. Even the tuner I had used disconnected himself from them.

However I am sure every tuner has someone posting a story just like mine, and 10x as many people posting about how great they are.

I would suggest using whatever tune is most accessible to you.

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I had REVO on my MKV and I will never associate myself with them again.

Bad people, bad tune, bad service. All bad. Even the tuner I had used disconnected himself from them.

However I am sure every tuner has someone posting a story just like mine, and 10x as many people posting about how great they are.

I would suggest using whatever tune is most accessible to you.

hmmmm, interesting, thanks for posting:thumbsup: I seem to read and hear more posts like this for revo than I would for say APR

maverick_uae

Passed Driver's Ed
Bah! To each their own! I've had revo for the last couple of months now and I'm extremely satisfied with the power and more importantly with the tuner in Dubai. They seem to know their stuff.

munkey

Ready to race!
How far is the drive to al-khobar? I don't think its toooo bad so if you really want APR it may be worth it to drive out there.

ramiloutfi

Passed Driver's Ed
:mad0259:I just contacted ABT Dubai as I bought the first Golf R 2011 in Dubai - an ECU remapping costs $ 1,900 - 2,450.

Does anyone here recommend another tuner in Dubai?

CharbelHamamji

I wish we had a dealer in your area but at this time the closest dealers we have are in Saudi Arabia. If sending your ECU to us is too much of a hassle, then ABT may be the way for you to go.

Here is our closest dealer:

966 Motors
Automoto WS # 13 + 14 Al-Khobar 31952 Saudi Arabia
http://www.966motors.com/
noor@966motors.com
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Automoto+WS+#+13+++14+Al-Khobar++Saudi+Arabia

Guys you should open here in Qatar or Dubai...believe me its a good market

jonis1

Hmm , who could think that there was so much Vag cars in Dubai..?

Anyways there are better options then the bluefin.
Order a RTS unit and you can have all from stage 1 to Stage 4 custom turbo..
Updatable via internet - no need to send anything.

PM me for more info.