GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Running the APR TCU software smoked these guys. New clutchpack installed into the trans tonight. Hopefully I'll be driving it again by Friday night. The Malone tcu software is significantly better, and was still holding this intermittently.

This happened to mine too. I was running Eurodyne ECU together with APR DSG software. Burned Dodson pack and OEM clutchpack :-(

I would think this is something like ECU tune issue as DSG car cannot be tuned using the way tune Manual car.

VEE-DUBBER

Passed Driver's Ed
I had purchased apr ecu/tcu combo the day after i bought the car. It always slipped a very smal amount, but i didnt have anything to compare it to and just thought the dsg wasn't so great. Stage 1/2/k04 all had a small amount of slip.
Fast forward 2 years and a new mecha and clutchpack and it still does it. When i had the put on the stage 3 kit i noticed it more, so i had the tcu software removed. The stock software shifted quicker, and held better! I had a support ticket open with APR and they acknowledged tcu software not being compatible with my boxcode, and said they would have a fix asap for me (along with removing mk5s from the site all together). A few months later i gave up on them and tried Malone, and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
wasnt exactly the day after but heres the downpipe all finished up:

going out for ceramic coat this week along with all the other hot bits.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Looks like a HPFP is in the works, if they'll release it is another question but at least they are working on it. Here's the email I received from the owner

Thanks for your E-Mail and your interest in our HPFPs.
We plan to release both pumps for the EA888 GEN1, which runs a Bosch pump stock.
We did a package study, both pumps bolt on but you need a custom HP-Line which is what we work on currently.
Also ECU side to be tested, driver of the solenoid.

We will need some more time until we can give pumps out for testing.

Please follow us on Facebook to stay tuned.

Thanks and Best Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Uwe Ostmann
Business Owner and GDI-Expert

47625 Avante Dr.
Wixom, MI 48393 USA
www.xtreme-di.com
http://www.xtreme-di.com/index_files/HPFP35.htm

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any idea why a P3 gauge is reading some insane boost levels through obd? Tried every setting combination I can think of and since this car switched to eurodyne it will read like 30-40psi.

As far as the HPFP's, they are in the works [emoji6]

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any idea why a P3 gauge is reading some insane boost levels through obd? Tried every setting combination I can think of and since this car switched to eurodyne it will read like 30-40psi.

Is it reading straight atmospheric pressure maybe?, if so subtract 14.7.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I thought about that but imagine thats already build into the gauge as thats how it normally works. :iono:

Are you running ~ -20 at idle? I recommend using the analog sensor, If I misunderstood and you are there is a calibration process that may need to be done. You can determine if this is the case by confirming with the engine off and the key in the on position you should display 0 of you see boost or vacuum then the calibration is incorrect for your altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
it won't work with a bigger maf. i ditched mine when i got the cts kit because the calibration was off. or you can use the analog sensor.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
P3 Support

Did you reach out to P3 gauge support? They helped me out. I was using digital on a GT28 turbo but went with analog. The digital and analog are reading similar max boost levels but the vacuum negative numbers are different.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Are you running ~ -20 at idle? I recommend using the analog sensor, If I misunderstood and you are there is a calibration process that may need to be done. You can determine if this is the case by confirming with the engine off and the key in the on position you should display 0 of you see boost or vacuum then the calibration is incorrect for your altitude.

Yea vacuum and normal driving seem fine, running off obd not analog. And has worked normal from what I remember for like 6 months with apr tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it won't work with a bigger maf. i ditched mine when i got the cts kit because the calibration was off. or you can use the analog sensor.

Did you reach out to P3 gauge support? They helped me out. I was using digital on a GT28 turbo but went with analog. The digital and analog are reading similar max boost levels but the vacuum negative numbers are different.

Thats weird cause it appeared to by fine on the APR tune. I have the analog sensor but just didnt bother yet since Im only running the stock map for now and dont want to exceed that anyway. I have to reach out to them, just making sure I wasn't missing something easy first.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Thats weird cause it appeared to by fine on the APR tune. I have the analog sensor but just didnt bother yet since Im only running the stock map for now and dont want to exceed that anyway. I have to reach out to them, just making sure I wasn't missing something easy first.

well i should say it's in the maf scaling since it's based on maf values not map.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
nope. i thought so too but confirmed with them a little while ago. they even managed to sell my friend a gauge flash for his tune because supposedly it needed to be calibrated for the new maf signal. shortly after i ditched mine.

the analog sensor should work no matter what the setup.