GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Repair my baby

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
So a truck wanted my lane and as a result I now have front fender damage plus he toasted my new wheels, front rim completely destroyed and rear left scrapes etc..

I was going to take it to Martin Grove VW to have them do the front fender and rear quarter panel.. plus check to make sure driveline components weren't damaged.. wondering if anyone has had any experience with insurance claims and VW in GTA area...

New wheels I will just go back to the place I ordered from

Thanks!!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So a truck wanted my lane and as a result I now have front fender damage plus he toasted my new wheels, front rim completely destroyed and rear left scrapes etc..

I was going to take it to Martin Grove VW to have them do the front fender and rear quarter panel.. plus check to make sure driveline components weren't damaged.. wondering if anyone has had any experience with insurance claims and VW in GTA area...

New wheels I will just go back to the place I ordered from

Thanks!!
Sorry to hear the only nugget I have to add is whenever your wheel gets damaged, to have them check the wheel bearing as it maybe damaged.

Good luck with the repairs.

PS. When the car is out of warranty the only place I take my cars for Autobody repairs is KKT in Markham.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Hey thanks MLue1... My first thought to take to Veedub was that insurance is on the hook for the bill minus my deductible....if there was something afoot with the any of the drive components they would have the ready parts nearby. I've had good experience with them before with repairs, my cautious optimism is about if there are proven results elsewhere..not to mention they are in my backyard so natch I'm for seeing what's up

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
PS. When the car is out of warranty the only place I take my cars for Autobody repairs is KKT in Markham.

Jack is awesome. A stand-up guy.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Well Allstate revered me to Prochilo Brothers West on Toryork dr... online reviews look manufactured, a couple of them seemed to indicate over billing and 'meh' service.. anyone use them before?

I think I will check out Jack. Though I do wish I lived closer as it means yet another tow..

sweetgti

Ready to race!
If you're in the west end, you should try Rich at Uni-Body collision. He's been taking care of my GTI for some years now, and always comes out perfect. He is actually the body shop for VW Mississauga. Always uses OEM spec paint, and he knows his way around VWs.

Last edited: