GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

California VCDS/VAGCOM Locator Thread

Amarcelino88

Ready to race!
Hey guys, haven’t been here in ages. Just need to scan my gti. It’s throwing a check engine light. Changed the plugs and coils two months ago. I’m in the eagle rock area and I’m will to meet up in the 818 or 626 area.

clipster

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, haven’t been here in ages. Just need to scan my gti. It’s throwing a check engine light. Changed the plugs and coils two months ago. I’m in the eagle rock area and I’m will to meet up in the 818 or 626 area.
Might likely be the oxygen sensor... I'm in the 626 area and can help you out. PM me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Das Mk6

Looking for someone to vag car back to stock setting. I’m in the east bay (510) area and willing to pay for your time. Thanks.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I want to be able to run my DRLs with my fog lights but without the headlights on. Is this something that can be done with VAGCOM? I have the little LEDs for DRLs and like the way they look.......but wanna run them with the fog lights on.

Any help or guidance here would be grateful!

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I want to be able to run my DRLs with my fog lights but without the headlights on. Is this something that can be done with VAGCOM? I have the little LEDs for DRLs and like the way they look.......but wanna run them with the fog lights on.

Any help or guidance here would be grateful!
You need a euroswitch with a trigger wire for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Ok so I've owned my car for about 6 weeks. Everything was going great until I got the front windows tinted. I get home, park the car......no issues. Then a few hours later I get in and turn the key and my dash lights up like a Christmas tree. On the MFI it says Fault: ABS/ESP and in addition I'm getting the TPS light, steering wheel light and traction control light. After driving for a bit they go away......but since then its happened every single day.

Id really like to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone with help me? Ive done some fairly extensive searching on this and it looks like people have replaced everything from batteries to wheel bearings to steering columns.....and a lot of people have said it was coding.

I live in the Sacramento area (elk grove) and can pay my way with beer, high fives or whatever it takes. Just lemme know.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I've owned my car for about 6 weeks. Everything was going great until I got the front windows tinted. I get home, park the car......no issues. Then a few hours later I get in and turn the key and my dash lights up like a Christmas tree. On the MFI it says Fault: ABS/ESP and in addition I'm getting the TPS light, steering wheel light and traction control light. After driving for a bit they go away......but since then its happened every single day.

Id really like to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone with help me? Ive done some fairly extensive searching on this and it looks like people have replaced everything from batteries to wheel bearings to steering columns.....and a lot of people have said it was coding.

I live in the Sacramento area (elk grove) and can pay my way with beer, high fives or whatever it takes. Just lemme know.
Wrong thread but I'll give it a go. This happens when you disconnect the battery. All your crap lights up u get to 10mph or whatever and it goes away. Some how ur car is thinking your battery has been unplugged and plugged back in. If you don't need jumps to start ur battery is still good. Not sure what's up but I guarantee u it's related to that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Wrong thread but I'll give it a go. This happens when you disconnect the battery. All your crap lights up u get to 10mph or whatever and it goes away. Some how ur car is thinking your battery has been unplugged and plugged back in. If you don't need jumps to start ur battery is still good. Not sure what's up but I guarantee u it's related to that.

Maybe ur tint guys left the door open too long and ur battery got drained? It could just need a charge.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Maybe ur tint guys left the door open too long and ur battery got drained? It could just need a charge.

I thought that may be an issue.....but I'm reading 12.5VDC from my multimeter. Off hand I think a battery should read 12.6? ....is .1 volt gonna cause this problem?

.....to add to it, the fault has occasionally popped up while driving. So I start up, no issues and then however many miles down the road the fault pops up....then goes away after a mile or so.

If it was a voltage problem would it come up as I'm driving?

Korydogg

Ready to race!

My apologies for posting in the wrong place.

In the threads I have gone through people have talked about using vagcom to diagnose this fault. In which case I thought this was the right area.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
My apologies for posting in the wrong place.

In the threads I have gone through people have talked about using vagcom to diagnose this fault. In which case I thought this was the right area.
I'm curious about vagcom helping. I have vagcom if ur in the 805. But really seems to be an issue ur electronicsm do you have any corrosion on ur terminals? Also test ur alternator

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I'm curious about vagcom helping. I have vagcom if ur in the 805. But really seems to be an issue ur electronicsm do you have any corrosion on ur terminals? Also test ur alternator

Battery looks new and there isn't any corrosion. Terminals are tight.

I am going to do a shadetree load test on the battery to see what it drops to when I start it up and Ill get back to you. However I wont be able to get to that until tonight or tomorrow morning.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Looking for a vagcom in the Sac area to check all monitors on my car are set to ready because i'm due for a smog. Let me know, thanks!

milfdoer

Passed Driver's Ed
just got some depo R lights and I want to remove the resistors and not have the light on my dash. anyone with Vagcom in the San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles area willing to help a dude out? lol