GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rns 315 memory overload-how to clear?

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Hey all,

Recently moved and wanted to update the home address in the GPS. I can go thru setup, change home address, input my new address and when I press save, I see the new address physically change back to the old address for a split second and the change did not go thru.

I then noticed that my last destination folder has, as it's last input, a restaurant from months ago. Any new destinations are NOT saved. I cannot delete the entries in the destination memory folder individually.

If I go to set up to "delete destination memory" it acts like it is doing so, but does not delete anything.

So it appears as if the memory is full and preventing deletion. I read the manual and I read that the last destination folder is supposed to only keep the last 20, but mine has hundreds. Essentially it's saved like the past three years and this is prob the cause of the issue.

Any thoughts? Anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
i have over 20+ last destinations, not sure if it is a common problem, so that is probably why there hasnt been a response yet. sorry

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
When I had my 315 I moved twice (ie I had three different home addresses) never saw what you are seeing. 20+ last destinations as well, I never realized that it was supposed to hold only 20.... But I never had as many as you said you have.

which version 315 do you have?

unfortunately there's no way to reset the 315 via buttons.... Have you tried pulling the fuse (or battery) to reset the radio?

blackdawn

Locked up as well

I looked in the supplemental material for the RNS 315 that is in my car (I'm the original owner) but I don't recall seeing the 20 max.
I have the same problem as you, but it is causing more than just destination issues.

If I turn off the car without having completed a trip (maybe I got to my destination, but it wasn't quite where the GPS was thinking), when I restart the car it asks if I want to continue to my destination. This would be fine and dandy if it was the last place I went to, but no, it is thinking I still need to go to (where the memory went bad?) a destination from over a month ago.

I can't delete any records (I've tried clear last, clear all, delete individual saved), nothing works.

The information console in the instrument cluster also now ALWAYS starts on the phone information tab. Now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the other, but I have 3 bluetooth devices saved, and it seems to prefer my iPhone over all others, even if a different device was the last one used when I shut off the car.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Yep. That's exactly where I am, black dawn. Everything is identical including the phone start up on MFI. I wasn't sure if it always did that, but I kinda remember it being on whatever I had left it but now it goes to my phone.

Weird if those two issues could be related?

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
bump for updates