GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Why not get some cutouts installed? So you can open up on track day, yet keep it decent on the street?

Or get electric ones for sound at the flip of a switch?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Straight piped 4 cylinders are fine for the track I guess. Sound decent if being pushed at all times, but on the street.... :yikes:
should be a fun experience. Might be sleeping on the couch doe lol
Quality exhaust > straight pipe, doe.
it's a quality exhaust and I'm not cheaping out on the delete. Getting a stainless steel one done for $120.
Why not get some cutouts installed? So you can open up on track day, yet keep it decent on the street?

Or get electric ones for sound at the flip of a switch?
I want one of those but they cost a lot of money for what they are. Then install of that as well. I've heard the mechanisms are really finicky. GTI is no longer daily either.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I want one of those but they cost a lot of money for what they are. Then install of that as well. I've heard the mechanisms are really finicky. GTI is no longer daily either.

If it's not a daily then get regular cut outs. It will probably be about the same price, you don't have to get the electronic ones if it's not a daily. Idk, I mean you're going to weld a stainless pipe in there anyways, cutouts are the same thing but with the option.

https://www.jegs.com/c/Exhaust-Systems_Exhaust-Cutouts/11529/10002/-1

$31 for the option to be deafly loud or civil sounds pretty good. Real talk doe, it's your car lol you do as you please.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
If it's not a daily then get regular cut outs. It will probably be about the same price, you don't have to get the electronic ones if it's not a daily. Idk, I mean you're going to weld a stainless pipe in there anyways, cutouts are the same thing but with the option.

One of my buddies just referred me to a manufacturer welder who does exhausts and other custom work on the side. I got a quote from him for $50... So now it's even cheaper haha.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
One of my buddies just referred me to a manufacturer welder who does exhausts and other custom work on the side. I got a quote from him for $50... So now it's even cheaper haha.

$50? That's dirt cheap if you bring him the material maybe he'll charge you $20 :thumbsup:

See edited post about $30 cutouts.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
ChiChat17: RIP Jaber's GTI. Gone But Not Forgotten - Slow Singin An' Flower Bringin

#ricecarlife

o wow yeah.

$50? That's dirt cheap if you bring him the material maybe he'll charge you $20 [emoji106]

See edited post about $30 cutouts.

Saw that post and I'm looking right now. Yeah, he charges fair prices and has good rep on FB and with some local guys here. Not bad yeah.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Cutouts are lame.

Even for "the track" as more places are talking about dB limits now.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Cutouts are lame.

Even for "the track" as more places are talking about dB limits now.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Fun time at Blackhawk Farms today, weather was dry...great times. New car setup is extremely capable...the limits of the car since last time was there are extremely different.

Had a few pucker moments...maybe they fixed the curbs there...they didnt feel THAT bad :iono:

Video or gtfo

Jaber

Modero
Test drove a 2017 All Track yesterday, much like. Tint, Stage 1+ and call it a day? :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.