GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTO to GTI Hey All!

MK6Chris

Recently picked up a 12' Candy White MK6 GTI. I owned a 06 GTO for about 7 years.. 140k miles later it came time to trade in.. It needed almost $4k in work done I just couldn't afford let alone cringing at the mileage at a daily driver.

That said I am IN LOVE with the GTI! Fantastic little car and absolutely has some pep! Purchased with 47k on her.. I brought to Red Line Speedworx to have an APR stage 1 flashed and hah!! It was already done! It was just set back to stock before it was traded in ? so coupled with the already installed Stg 1 carbonio i was 110% dumbfounded in amazement how much gains a simple tune did!

Enough talk her she is.. Glad to be apart of the VW crew now!

Made this at work, recreated the seat plaid , UV printed on adhesive backed fabric then Gloss embossed

MK6Chris

Yeah man it was quite the find lol I was ready to drop $600 and voila it was there. Has all four maps so I'm running 93 now. Huuuuuge difference over stock.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! And I see you haven't wasted anytime beginning to modify it... Keep it up and perhaps even make a build thread to keep track of your mods and so we can follow your cars progression. :thumbsup:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah man it was quite the find lol I was ready to drop $600 and voila it was there. Has all four maps so I'm running 93 now. Huuuuuge difference over stock.

congrats, know you can drop that money on led tails. or springs. If you need an owner manual and your car didn't came with one, let me know, i'm selling it for $15 shipped.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I went from GTO to GTI too. Supercharged GTO at 600whp was very cool but the body of GTO unfortunately prevents putting the proper tire size necessary for high performance. The car was dialed in with everything from brakes, suspension etc. but the GTI is actually more fun and much more practical. My GTI is of course also dialed in with all the goodies.

Greefus

Gran Turismo Champion
I went from GTO to GTI too. Supercharged GTO at 600whp was very cool but the body of GTO unfortunately prevents putting the proper tire size necessary for high performance. The car was dialed in with everything from brakes, suspension etc. but the GTI is actually more fun and much more practical. My GTI is of course also dialed in with all the goodies.
I appreciate you guys telling me this because as far as RWD domestics go that's the one I always wanted the most and still want. Makes me feel a lot better about wasting all this money tuning a FWD. Nice Goats

MK6Chris

congrats, know you can drop that money on led tails. or springs. If you need an owner manual and your car didn't came with one, let me know, i'm selling it for $15 shipped.

Yessir! I do have led backup lights ( found that mod from previous owner too, the dash said check taillights thinking a bulb blew out, I have no idea why or how it happened but the led cluster wasn't seated properly in the connector. Popped it back in and works fine lol

MK6Chris

Gorgeous GTO man! Very nicely done! I had I/H/E/T , swapped red/black interior, and other little things but it was clean and I enjoyed every mile put on her. I do agree the GTI is so much fun to drive. Can't wait to start going bigger and better with mods.