GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side skirt questions

DELETE

Autocross Champion
It’s all about the prep. It’s if you clean the paint really good with alcohol it’s going to stick really well.

Yes I didn’t mention that but of course, anytime your putting an adhesive the mating surface must be clean. ??

FriggenT1

Banned
Yes I didn’t mention that but of course, anytime your putting an adhesive the mating surface must be clean. ??

Yeah, I'm talking about actual side skirts, after you painted them, did you wet sand and polish?

Also, I'm wondering since my car is black, if a matte black would look ok for a while? Anyone done that or seen it done?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I'm talking about actual side skirts, after you painted them, did you wet sand and polish?

Also, I'm wondering since my car is black, if a matte black would look ok for a while? Anyone done that or seen it done?

I did nothing after paint and gloss. I’m an advocate for plasti dip. As long as the temp is above 70 and the or the can is warmed up and the surface is clean and dry. It comes out excellent and as long as you put at least 4-6 coats you can peel it off no problem when you’re ready.

Last edited:

jeffers

Hmm, so if that 3M tape holds the whole side skirt, which is damn big, I guess I may grab a tiny spoiler that goes above the rear window and moubt it the same way.
Because I always thought that 3m is rather for chrome stuff or interior details, but not for something that goes outside...
Well, thanks for the info.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Hmm, so if that 3M tape holds the whole side skirt, which is damn big, I guess I may grab a tiny spoiler that goes above the rear window and moubt it the same way.
Because I always thought that 3m is rather for chrome stuff or interior details, but not for something that goes outside...
Well, thanks for the info.

I just bought the rear hatch spoiler on ECS and it came with 3M. I may throw some silicone down just in case.