GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti ethanol content sensor install

jaxxone007

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, Im looking to install a ethanol content sensor/gauge. I looked online for diy and reviews, i cant seem to find any
Im sure there are people who have done it, so any recommendation? diy? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Wow totally interested in this as of the other day! Subscribed and will update if I happen to learn anything further.

Are you planning to run 85 or e30?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I will be following the fuel it install of their sensor package for the mk7 gti.
They have a YouTube video showing how to install

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
Innovate Motorsports offers one of the best ethanol gauges I've seen. Several of us have installed, see my IG @becauseHYDE16 for several photos of the sensor installed.

I should really be more active on the forums....

Do what Ryan said...

cause its what I told him to do lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
So which sensor exactly do you need to run? And I thought these cars could read wideband off the stock 02 sensors... Obviously could be wrong. Having the ethanol sensor would be great at least. Any more info? I'm seeing it likely gets powered and communicating through that gauge.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So you basically need a gm ethanol sensor. And then how its wired up and its placement in the fuel line is dependent on the kit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Just so there’s no confusion. This I just an ethanol content analyzer. It tells you what percentage of ethanol is in your fuel. That’s it. It does not communicate with your ecu. You’ll need a pro tune for whatever percentage of ethanol you try to run, E30, E50 etc.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Innovate Motorsports offers one of the best ethanol gauges I've seen. Several of us have installed, see my IG @becauseHYDE16 for several photos of the sensor installed.

Ryan,

Are you referring to the wideband sensor or the ethanol sensor? I read the directions from innovate for the wideband bung stating 24" away and on the top half of the downpipe to prevent damage from condensation, but was curious to know how you oriented it for best ease of access and installation (9 o'clock, 1 o'clock, etc). I looked over your IG several times and didn't see any wideband close ups. Sorry if I missed it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I have kind of a follow up questions...

I'm running E30 (not measured yet) with meth and planning I can run the app 100 tune doing so, with meth covering any additional feeling required. We have not logged yet but does this sound safe? Sorry to derail if I am derailing.

jaxxone007

Passed Driver's Ed
Im running e30 blend, im using a calculator to do fill ups, but i would like e ethanol sensor in my car..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie