GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Major Issue with 2012 GTI Autobahn, Help!!!

Markbpm

Have a 2012 GTI Autobahn with 3,400 miles on it. Here is the problem: Getting a metal on metal sound, like a steel cable rapping against steel, coming from right front of engine compartment. It happens when driving between 5 - 30 mph. When it occurs it feels like the brakes are being applied causing drag on the engine. It has happened 3 times in the last 5 days. I have it at dealer but they say they can not make it occur and therefore are not doing anything about it. After dropping 30k on this car I'm just a little ticked off. Anyone have any experience with this issue? I've read in a forum that the 6 speed trans has bearing issues. Could this be that problem? Any info and input would be appreciated.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
you have to be able to replicate it for them... drive it around until you figure out how to reproduce it.. then go show them.

Dealers are a pain to diagnose problems.

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
you have to be able to replicate it for them... drive it around until you figure out how to reproduce it.. then go show them.

Dealers are a pain to diagnose problems.

X2

This is to be expected from them: Oh that? Thats normal they all do that

:fighting0030:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I maybe 110% wrong but....I think it just might be the sound of the turbo spooling up...My Tiguan and my GTI (not so much) make the sound you described, it's almost as if a fine metal brush is brushing steel...my Tiguan has had it since day 1 and almost 32000 miles later, nothing has changed and it hasn't gotten any louder :iono:

EDIT: My sound happens when pushing the throttle though

Clarkson

Ready to race!
I hear going K04 with full stage 2 cures all issues