GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 - can I use it to activate Google Now on my Android device?

JellyJ

Is there a way I can interact with Android's voice command features using the steering wheel controls and/or Bluetooth? I thought the 'phone' button on the left-hand side of the wheel might do it, but its only function seems to be to mute music.

zrickety

The Fixer
I don't think it will work, you need an aftermarket head unit or a weird parrot module.

editzz

I actually found a way to use google now with the Bluetooth. I had to create a fake contact.. I called it test. This contact has a local number. For example I live in Montreal so I used the 514 area code.. So let's say 514-555-5555 (this is an example, number should be a real number that you do not call). Next I installed the app macdroid, which is an app that creates macros.. I created a macro that when it sees an outgoing call made to the number that I used in the contact (514-555-5555) it blocks the call, waits a second, and then opens google now and listens. I can then tell google now to play an album. This works for me. So I hit the call button, and when asked say, 'call test'. Bluetooth in the car tries to call the number via my phone, but the phone blocks the call and opens google now and listens for the command, at which point I can say, 'play pink floyd the wall' and the album starts. A little long, but I won't get nailed by the cops for playing on my phone while driving. I am new to this forum, as I just picked up my first gti at the ripe old age of 45, but I am also a bit of a geek and can't accept that it can't be done. Lol