GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grease the bushings!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I need recommendations for a grease gun and grease for my rear sway!

Been squeaking and looking for anyone recommendation for pushing some grease into those bushings!

(APR Rear Sway)

smanierre

Autocross Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've had this gun for a few years, works fine. If your sway bar brackets don't have a grease nipple you'll probably need a needle adapter or something to get it in there.
https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Lubrication-1134-Pistol-Grease/dp/B0002NYDZ8/ref=zg_bs_15707871_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KWWZ7WTYVFES4K3AM769

You can probably find them cheaper at harbor freight or something. No need for anything fancy for a grease gun.

For poly bushings I use super lube with ptfe, That's what powerflex recommended to me when I was replacing all of the bushings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081JEBFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Great help! Thanks, I was trying to figure out the right grease- I do have nipples on the rear sway - apparently the APR sway is a rebranded Hotchikis and I just called them up and was told to just avoid lithium.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Question for you guys with polly LCA anti lift kit. how to you maintain them? I had mine in for just about a yeah now and there starting to have slight squeak noise. obvious answer would be to take them off and re-lube them but then that would require me to get and alignment again. any ideas?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Question for you guys with polly LCA anti lift kit. how to you maintain them? I had mine in for just about a yeah now and there starting to have slight squeak noise. obvious answer would be to take them off and re-lube them but then that would require me to get and alignment again. any ideas?

Curious as well on this.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Update here on the thread; I did pick up silicon grease and a grease gun off Amazon. About 2-3 pumps (until I think I overflowed it a little too much and had to clean up) I gave it a spin around the block and the creak is gone!

Definitely recommend getting the bushings with the coupling to allow you to re-grease.