GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP- Golf R MK7 seat swap into Golf R MK6

GOLFR2095

Hey mates

I was wondering if anybody knows of have done it, if Golf R MK7 seats front and rear bolt straight in to a Golf R MK6?

I currently have alcantara but wanting leather. Also if possible how to hook up seat warmers?
Any info be great

Cheers

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Huge pain in the ass it looks like and the rear seats won't work at all they say. Golf, GTI, TDI, R shouldn't matter as most of the interior pieces are interchangeable so the discussion below on the TDI should hold true for the R as well.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/190717-Mk7-golf-seats-into-a-Mk6

Also, you can retrofit heated seats into the golf. Also a big pain in the ass. You can buy the harness online. Then you need either the control panel for the dash or buttons for console to turn them on and off. I believe you also need to add a fuse to the fuse box and then VCDS to activate. Not sure if you can retrofit MK7 heated seats to MK6 though.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I currently have alcantara but wanting leather.

Cheers

Totally read that in an Australian accent once i noticed the location...:D

Can you post a pic of the Alcantara? Personally.. .i would prefer that over leather (maintenance) but to each their own. just wanna see the set up.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Totally read that in an Australian accent once i noticed the location...:D

Can you post a pic of the Alcantara? Personally.. .i would prefer that over leather (maintenance) but to each their own. just wanna see the set up.
Alcantara doesn't age well, especially areas that you contact.