GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deautokey footwell lights way too dim

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Did they start out bright when you first installed them, then started to dim over time? That happened to me a few months back.

I sent a picture of the LEDs to deautokey and their diagnosis was that I had pushed the LEDs in too far in the housing. Over time, vibrations from the car caused the housing contactors to touch the resistors on the LED board and eventually burned them out.

BTW, deautokey sent me a replacement LED free of charge. :thumbsup:

Yes, the housing metal prongs has play and can loosen over time, our lifetime warranty replaces everything for free so you never have to worry when you buy with us :)

I have the full suite of DeAutokey interior and exterior LEDs and didn't have any DOAs and I have the red LEDs for footwells and they are so bright that the MFD setting had to be reduced to <50 when they were at 85 with the old bulbs in there.

Yes, that is what people normally say - that they are very bright and they have to lower it which is good so you always have an option 20%-100% brightness.

We made sure our footwell LEDs could be adjusted through the MFD which gives the user more control.

For the issue the OP is having, we have to wait to see what they say next before we can go any further:
-make sure they are installed the correct way, many times people face it backwards - this leads to only the light shining from the metal housing
-try the glove box led to see if you get the same result.

once we find out more information we can help you.

Thank you

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Glad this thread came up - I'm having the exact same problem ... will turn the LEDs around next chance I get! I assumed they were in correctly, because at least some of them were polarized and wouldn't work if they were in backwards -- so the fact that I had any light at all made me think that's just how they looked.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Ok so I double checked the housings and bulbs and I did install them backwards! I feel so stupid. I was in a hurry to get them done because I was too excited. They are very bright now and I keep them on 20% because 100% is super bright! Thanks for the help guys. I'm just dumb haha.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I double checked the housings and bulbs and I did install them backwards! I feel so stupid. I was in a hurry to get them done because I was too excited. They are very bright now and I keep them on 20% because 100% is super bright! Thanks for the help guys. I'm just dumb haha.

DeAutokey is in my opinion an excellent vendor who is providing well made stuff at decent prices with responsive and fast customer service. I like to support vendors like this and promote them - and OP, glad things worked out for you. What could have been a blemish on DeAutokey turned into an example of fine customer service live as it played out.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Happens to the best of us :). Glad it was a simple fix.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
DeAutokey is in my opinion an excellent vendor who is providing well made stuff at decent prices with responsive and fast customer service. I like to support vendors like this and promote them - and OP, glad things worked out for you. What could have been a blemish on DeAutokey turned into an example of fine customer service live as it played out.

It is SUCH a contrast with some other threads I've seen around here customer service wise. The engagement here was SPOT ON. Good job deAutoKey!

kbrett11

Ready to race!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Happens to the best of us :). Glad it was a simple fix.

It is SUCH a contrast with some other threads I've seen around here customer service wise. The engagement here was SPOT ON. Good job deAutoKey!

Haha indeed it does. X2 on that.

Thank you very much for the feedback, we really try hard to bring the best products and customer service to the community so it means a lot to read feedback like this.

For installing it backwards, it happens a lot, it is also a common issues with the license plate bulbs.

But, glad to hear it worked out and we appreciate you keeping us updated.