GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

miguelr's Intro and 2012 Golf 2.5L build/photo thread

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Went out and tried some panning shots today, gf driving. kinda tricky, some decent ones:

Last edited:

Fandango

Ready to race!
I too came from a corolla, 2000, 125k on it when I got done with it. It was bullet proof until the catalytic converter gave out, easy fix though. Was in my family since it was new. I really don't care if this car last as long as the corolla because it is WAYYY more fun than the corolla haha

I'm digging your ride. I also have a black 2.5, just waiting on tires to put on my 18" mallory wheels that came off my dad's CC r line. I'm thinking DG springs will be a good enough drop. I have monster speed bumps all over my community and on campus, so theres not much room for a big drop.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Car looks awesome man. If you get a chance can you post some more exhaust vids? I'm still debating the AWE and you've got the setup I want!

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
thanks guys. :thumbsup:

yeah i still plan to do another exahaust vid this time inside the car. so many people scared of all the "drone" lol. it's not that bad i've certainly heard worse.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup: sweet. Talk a bit in the video too. Just so as to compare normal talking volume with that of the exhaust.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
i'm planning/saving for new wheels right now. i like the classic 5 (or 6) spoke design. can't decide yet. which one of these? my goals are 17x7.5 et50 around 20lbs. i find them too small. i just want a flush look or barely poking.

vmr v705. i'd get 18x8.5 et45. around 24lbs i'd estimate.

forgestar cf5. 18x8.5 et45. 19.95lbs.

rota grid. 18x9.5 et38. 23lbs.

neuspeed RSe05 . 17x8 et45. 17lbs.

out of them all i like the look of rota grids more but they're kinda wide and i don't anticipate going any lower than dgs. that and they're kinda heavy.

the neuspeed are nice and light. just wish they were 8.5. or should i just space them out? but then again i could just space out the goals but i am wanting to just get the right specs in the first place. lol.

the forgestars look like good quality and they're perfect specs and real light for their size. i could save up a bit longer and make it happen.

i guess i'm leaning towards forgestars then. still searching but any opinions welcome.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Got rid of some unsprung weight, becauseracecar lol

actually it does help visibility for me at least.

isons429

Ready to race!
Go with the VMR's or the Forgestars. You already have 17's and you think they are too small. You are not low enough for the grids. I personally like the 705's.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Been looking at the AWE exhaust. Would be nice if you could roll out another video. Nice build btw :thumbsup: