GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

- Uber-Stealth Audio - Material Choice feedback needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
As you may know, I offer several material options with my speaker boxes, based on budget, weight and performance

they are currently

+0$ standard - Particle Board
+25$ MDF - heavier, but more dense
+50$ plywood - lighter, but cost more

Now, I am finding good plywood and particle board hard to find. Particle board is becoming more porous and brittle, and the plywood is cabinet grade but still has voids.

Now, I am thinking to can move to a single material. MDF-Lite. This is mdf but 30% lighter than standard MDF.

this will provide a much less porous material than particle board, yet almost all the weight savings of Plywood.

However, this material is not cheap, and harder to buy. You cant just get it at home depot or Lowes.

Due to this, box process would increase about 30$ each.

I am wanting feedback if this is a price increase that customers understand, and that customer understand they will be receiving a better product because of it.

Also, if there are other options, not just materials, you would like to see offers, please post those as well.

pwolfe

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to build up funds to buy one of your boxes, and even if there was a $30 increase, I would not mind as it seems you're doing it in the interest of providing a better quality unit.

Wouldn't sway my decision.

manny2206

Ready to race!
I will be 100% here... I have no Idea what you make/sell, but the fact that you are taking your time to inform your customers and be upfront and honest makes you A+ in my book.
I am sure your customers wont mind!.

Status
Not open for further replies.