GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake manifold replacement

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Same issue here. Had the manifold replaced under warranty at 100k miles. 35k miles later and car throwing p2015. Took back to the dealer that replaced the original failed manifold under warranty, they tell me I have a defective one and will need to replace with a newer revision. However, not under warranty, it will cost $800...... I argue they put in the faulty one, they refuse to replace it! FML

zrickety, can you please post a link to the ARP solution? I may have to try this out before I undertake the entire manifold replacement myself.

Thanks in advance.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks in advance.
The manifold is a lot cheaper than $800 if you can find someone to help you install it.

As for the ECS fix, yes that's the link. I believe it does 2 things, one is that it limits the motion on the flappers...I think the plastic wears and they move too far, out of range, and it sets the code. The other is that it seals a possible air leak there which can also set the code. Someone said it didn't work for them, in that case it could be a sensor issue or something broken inside.