GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slipping/Jerky DSG?

nareec

I suspect that I am having a problem with the DSG on my '10 GTI.

The symptoms are: if I floor it at around 3k RPMs in 2nd gear or 2k in 4th, I get this jerkiness while accelerating. At first, I just thought I had hit a small pothole or maybe ESP was kicking it a little. A few days later, after turning off ESP and accelerating on clear pavement, the same thing happened and at the exact moment the slips occurred, the check engine light flashed on and off. This time it really felt like the transmission would slip for a second, then catch again and continue accelerating.

IMO something is definitely wrong because I've driven it much harder without these sort of problems. When these problems occurred, the car was completely warmed up. Here are some additional details:

- 8500mi of probably 2/3 city, 1/3 hwy driving
- majority of my driving is in manual mode
- stage 1 APR ecu, flashed at about 5000min
- no other DSG problems (i.e. shifting is always smooth after the car is warm, no problems shifting between R, N, P, D)
- no slippage/jerkiness unless there's a lot of torque

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I plan on taking it to the dealer for this issue and the scheduled maintenance but I'd figure I'd ask around beforehand.

Also, I live in the northern virginia area. Who's the best dealer for service? Or who should I definitely not go to?

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
i have but not to that degree. Maybe a harder shift just when its cold at first.....and it is cold here. Usually most of the slipping feeling is the esp. I haven't really felt any actual trans slippage. If so, I would definitely get it checked out.

Blade302

the only thing i can think of is maybe the flash is messing something up. i would try having it un instaled or reflashed to stock and see if it still happens. and if that doesent work... get a manual transmission. (just a joke the dsg isnt my thing but it is really cool)

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
At 8,500 miles my car was missing so bad it was undrivable. Had to have it towed from my house to the dealership. CEL and check engine lights were on. They had to replace my injectors due to "carbon build up" (at 8,500 miles!!) They blamed it on the gas I used!!

Anyway, is it for sure your tranny slipping....or your engine missing (misfiring)

northfb52

Ready to race!
the dsg has had some issues with this take it to the dealer first they flash the dsg if that doesnt fix it theyll put a trans control unit and lastly they replace the clutch but ive only seen 2 need clutches and ur flash is not the cause by any means

Clempson13

Ready to race!
the car "learns" from your driving habits. it will work best driving the way you normally drive. you are stating that this only occurs when you "floor it"; which means it is a product of what you are doing not the way the DSG is performing on shifting from these gears at the stated RPMs.