GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkVI GTI Bulb Reference Guide - thanks Sylvania!

I'm looking to put RED LED bulbs in the footwell which i'm sure it's on the ground where your feet are (and these say they are 194?), but i know i'm dumb for asking but can anyone explain in great detail or with a picture where are the courtesy and step bulbs??

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
It is hard to replace the low beam H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI? the space since to be really tight ..
How to you replace the H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI (non HID) ? Any manual or instrustion out there?

You just unscrew and remove. You must have big hands.

:eek:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i wanna swap out all my interior lights (well, mainly map lights and all the other lights that come on when the doors are open) with red bulbs. i was wondering if LED bulbs would throw off codes.

also, follow up question, i can remove the map light cover in the back but how about the one in the front? seems like you have to unscrew the entire top console thing to get the clear cover off.

zorq

Ready to race!
i wanna swap out all my interior lights (well, mainly map lights and all the other lights that come on when the doors are open) with red bulbs. i was wondering if LED bulbs would throw off codes.

also, follow up question, i can remove the map light cover in the back but how about the one in the front? seems like you have to unscrew the entire top console thing to get the clear cover off.

All interior lights do not throw bulb out code becuase they don't check for it... So any LEDs that fit should work, the size of the LED is very important as mentioned in several posts...

kisselvw

has anyone figured out the H15 mystery?!?! I have called multiple vendor/manufacturers, and nobody has even heard of an H15....does it have an equivalent?

zorq

Ready to race!
Hi, so I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but can anyone confirm the following lights and let me know what light bulbs these are as I'm changing them out for LEDs. Sorry for the trouble but I just want to make sure before I order them, and the terms on the reference guide are not the ones I'm familiar with... (no idea what step light is)

The lights under the piece of board that is used to block sunlight... They only turn on when you slide the mirror open... What bulb type are those?

The pair of lights in the front that is used when opening the door or manually turning them on for reading maps or something... Are those #194???

The THREE (yes three) lights in the back used when opening the door or manually turning them on... I'm not sure if all three are #194, can anyone confirm?

The trunk light that turns on when opening the trunk, I believe those are #194 also, can anyone confirm?

What about the ones in the glove box... Thanks so!!

Quoddy

Ready to race!
I didn't see a mention of the front turn signal bulb on an 2010 HID (Bi-Xenon) equipped GTI. Anyone know so that I can add it to my list?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Hope this help someone.

Please correct me if anything is labeled wrongly, thanks!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
sorry to bring up this old post, but can anyone let me know what size festoon bulbs go into the trunk, visors, and glovebox please?

Visors use 37mm festoons.
Trunk uses 44mm festoon.
Glovebox uses 194 wedge (same as map, footwells etc.)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
deserves a bump, buried way too deep.