GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That looks so much better. Need to get a racing wheel for mine. My leather wheel is shot lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
What kind of tint and was it dry or wet application? I got some LUXE tail light tint for the Durango and had a hell of a time getting it installed. I ended up pulling it off and they are sending me replacement pieces to try again.

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
That looks so much better. Need to get a racing wheel for mine. My leather wheel is shot lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u wanna just do a wrap feel free to send me your wheel and I can stitch one on for ya

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Welcome

riceburner

Autocross Champion
sure thing man!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Finally getting around to the ceramic coating!

Washed with chemical guys 'clean slate' to remove most sealants
Sprayed on sonax fallout cleaner for a chemical decontamination - was expecting to see it turn purple but since this car is cleaned so often there was hardly any iron deposits/brake dust on the paint.
Dried
Claybarred just to be sure lol
Isopropyl alcohol wipe down
Now I'm polishing (1st shot of paint is before, only some microscratches developed since last year when I polished) and after. Not easy to get the scratches and lack of them on camera even with the scangrip swirl finder flashlight.

Next steps will be to apply the ceramic coating once I'm all done!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well I'm done with the light polish and am applying the ceramic coating. Kind of wierd process for this 'color and drive' brand 9h coating.

Spray a prep on the surface
Put a few drops on a sponge thing
Smear over the still sprayed surface
Let dry for a few
Wipe with a damp cloth
Buff off with a plush microfiber

Visually, makes no difference to me but hope it protects the paint well and has that hydrophobic affect. I'll probably still layer ammo reflex over that and other sealants

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Well, she's white again

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Today I used salt cleen and road tar remover mixed with rim cleaner to scrub most of the underbody and all wheel wells. Tried to detail the underside of the engine/trans. What a task and a half. Worth it to just spray the salt cleen with a foam cannon under the whole body if you ask me at least.

Also doing and off the car wheel detail/seal

At minimum people should do this twice a year, once in fall once in spring living in illinois especially. Good time to do a visual check on rust and critical suspension components.

Last edited: