GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scary carbon buildup

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
This is something I've been wondering how to do! Have a link to the boroscope you purchased? Also...where exactly is that sensor you removed? Can't picture it in my head & couldnt find a pic online...

My dad is due for a colonoscopy, will this be enough for a DIY colonscopy at home? Thx

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha. They do call it an endoscope on eBay. I was wondering how many people can't afford an endoscope but have the medical training to use one :)

k03tfsi

Ready to race!
Looks way better than mine at 47k. Is yours direct injection?

My number 1 looks like yours. I wonder if number 2 on mine is so much worse because of PCV.

The engine (1.8tsi) is absolutely the same as the 2.0tsi. It's EA888. I can make it 2.0 if I change the crankshaft, pistons and the connecting rods with them from the 2.0tsi. The diameter of the pistons is absolutely the same. It's only a downsized 2.0tsi.

reedsposer22

Ready to race!
Speedster, how is car running, did you replace the fuel injector seals when doing this?

60hawkrod

Just took my MK6 GTI in to the dealer for carbon cleaning. Mileage is 80,000km and have had some misfires at cold startup throwing a few codes. Dealer is doing walnut blasting and is covering it under warranty as well as a loaner. I had bought extended warranty when I bought the car. One happy camper!

Wrath

so you have to take the manifold off to get a good look at the carbon buildup because there's no way of using an endoscope to see the valves?

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
so you have to take the manifold off to get a good look at the carbon buildup because there's no way of using an endoscope to see the valves?

Easiest access point without taking the manifold off is to remove the IAT sensor right on the front of the intake manifold. You can put an endoscope/borescope in that way to see the valves.

Wrath

Ah thanks, here it is