GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Transmission Problem

Jimbosantos96

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I’m hoping you can help me out with a little problem going on in my car.

So sometimes, I’d notice that when I put it on drive, it would of just rev. The white letter indicating he gear would start blinking on the dashboard too. Also Sometimes, this happens when I put it on reverse too, it just stays stationary and I have to turn the car off and back on to make it work again.

It showed P0783 (3-4 shift) at the time and I thought maybe I need to add more transmission fluid, so I did and it helped out. It stopped with the blinking white letter and staying stationary, for a month or so. Recently, it started doing it again. The problem is, the shutting it off and turning back on to make it work isn’t fixing the problem.

I checked for codes and all of a sudden it showed 4 more codes, and the previous one.

P0747 (pressure control solenoid a stuck on)
P0871 (1-2 shift)
P2096 (post catalyst fuel trim system bank 1 too lean)
P2196 (O2 sensor signal stuck rich bank 1 sensor 1)

I’m gonna try to take it to the shop tomorrow if they have space for me but what do you guys recommend me do? any of you experienced with these problems?

Uberryan

Banned
RIP mechatronics unit.

You'll need a new one, and depending on how long it's been doing this for, you might as well look at clutch packs. The cost is typically around $1300-1750 for independent shops, and $1800 from the dealer for just the mech unit, and probably another $1500 for the clutch packs, if not more. Shop around a bit, but I guarantee that's what it is.

Also your post-cat O2 sensor is dead, replace.

A.SMK6

Same thing happened to me when the Mechatronic unit in mine went out. Luckily they didn't find any damage to the clutchpacks, so $2,200 later and she was back on the road. I'd stop driving it immediately though, I've seen some instances where a bad mechatronic unit can cause damage to the clutchpacks and require an entire rebuild.

avni

Ready to race!
Have you done your DSG Service at 40k?

I haven't done it yet, and I'm at 55k LMAO

A.SMK6

Good luck playing with fire lol. The previous owner skipped the 40k service on mine and the mechatronic took a shit around 58k.

Rhein

The oil itself is unbelievably expensive, had mine changed now on Monday, but what a difference it makes, do it do it do it... It's like a new ride, honestly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MMKAY6

Ready to race!

55k miles without a DSG service yet and Stage 2? I hope it fails before you ever try to sell that car to some poor soul.

OP, yes sounds like a bad mechatronic unit.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
RIP mechatronics unit.

You'll need a new one, and depending on how long it's been doing this for, you might as well look at clutch packs. The cost is typically around $1300-1750 for independent shops, and $1800 from the dealer for just the mech unit, and probably another $1500 for the clutch packs, if not more. Shop around a bit, but I guarantee that's what it is.

Also your post-cat O2 sensor is dead, replace.

can buy a used 30k mile dsg cheaper

zrickety

The Fixer
I do more frequent changes, no flush, takes about 4 liters. I do half Motul and half oem.

Last edited: