Ready to race!
PM sent to U20-t :)

Advise
13 gti current upgrades
Plugs
Meth
Turbo
Pro tune stratified stage 2
The shop has misfires on all 4 cylinders and are having trouble finding the problem
Currently changing air intake manifold and valve clean
Any advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Advise
13 gti current upgrades
Plugs
Meth
Turbo
Pro tune stratified stage 2
The shop has misfires on all 4 cylinders and are having trouble finding the problem
Currently changing air intake manifold and valve clean
Any advise

First hello, second this isn't the thread for stage 2 or demanding advise without much explanation. but if I had to guess and probably correct its your meth setup.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
More progress for those that arent in the FB Group

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I have been reading the entire Big Turbo thread since last week including the older thread, and am close to being a member of the MK6 BT community :) My car is a daily driver, and my power goal is around 430whp or so. I have been using the CTS k04 kit for about 3 years now. I started with APR then went to Unitronic and then recently switched to Stratified. I am still in the tune revision stage with Alex. I do have a Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune as well. I am wanting to go with a GTX2971R using some Opel injectors, and IE rods to start with. I am probably going with the ATP stock location kit even though the manifold is a bottleneck at some point. I have about a 7500.00 budget to get this going, and then I can spent some more cash within the next 6 months to add to it. Just wanted to thank everybody in here for all the info that I have been absorbing. You guys have a wealth of hands on experience with this platform, and I appreciate your efforts in making this community grow. Take care.

Advise from an ATP manifold user... Get anything else! seriously.

93serprise

Ready to race!
So are all ATP manifolds in every kit for the MK6 the crappy log style that don't flow efficiently?

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
So are all ATP manifolds in every kit for the MK6 the crappy log style that don't flow efficiently?

Yes. The t25 v-band is shit on the ATP manifold. I can never get the thing to stop leaking between the manifold and turbo with countless attempts. I'm either going to take it off again and just weld them together or change the manifold (034 same style just t3) and cut off the v-band on the turbo and add a t3 flange.

But my advise is just get JR's old set-up and be done.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Do i need to purchase the 999.00 rod install kit I see online just to install the IE forged drop in rods with stock pistons ?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Some have seen this by now on FB and IG (@becauseHYDE), just circling back to update the forums...

Here’s our baseline dyno with a very conservative low boost tune on 93 pump gas & methanol. SAE 447HP at 6,493rpm and SAE 422TQ @ 5,250pm, both with 26.5psi and 18.75 degrees of timing on a 424xLC2 Dual Eddy Current All Wheel Drive dynamometer. Next step we are working on cleaning up the tune with 30psi+ for another dyno run before building an E85 tune for even more power.

Here’s the build progression in a nutshell for anyone who wants to take a Gen2 TSI engine to this power level. Pag Parts Turbo (PPT) built the bottom end (rods/pistons/wrist pins), upgraded the clutch and added their prototype EFR7163 .85AR TSI turbo kit. PPT built the top end (Supertech), custom Audi all-road intake manifold with port fuel layout and true front mount intercooler. Took my time meticulously wiring and testing the Torqbyte CM5-LT and PM3 with twin 1,000cc split-spray port fuel injectors and post intercooler water methanol jet. Started logging higher boost files with port fuel and quickly realized we were out of LPFP supply so went with the PPT custom Walbro450 LPFP kit. Realized I needed more traction so switched up my suspension/wheel/tire layout which led to more speed which led to a newer brake system upgrade. Added more boost and timing and built a 2nd stage of PWM direct port methanol with the CM5-LT to support higher timing. Shed a ton of weight (seats and trunk) and corner balanced the car for more traction. Built a full Beetle “MWS” 02Q 6-speed transmission with Peloquin LSD/TyrolSport ARP case bolts/steel shift forks. Spent months logging around weather/work/family to tune the Eurodyne ECU file and simultaneously tune 4 separate MAPS on the CM5-LT (AUX = Walbro450 / MAIN = pump with 1st stage post intercooler water methanol / GPO1 = port fuel / GPO2 = 2nd stage direct port water methanol). It was a lot to accomplish in 2+ years with kids/new house/new job. This wasn’t an all-at-once cash build to go from K04 to fully built big turbo; I scrounged for sponsorships, sold off old parts to make way for new/improved parts, did a lot of the work myself, gained a lot of the parts or discounts from writing HYDE16 forum reviews since 2011 and leaned on a lot of people for advice and recommendations. It’s been a long road and to some, “too long of a build”, but I built this car my way and it’s now starting to pay off. As one friend put it, a “build” is about the journey and friends met along the way, not about the end result.

Thank you to Arnold Lee at Pag Parts Turbo for his engineering/fabrication/hardware/overall build, Rick Daystrom at Torqbyte for the support and software enhancements, Kim Andre Kvernlien at KAK Tuning for his long term Eurodyne custom tuning, Kojac Jerry for the late night Torqbyte tuning sessions and meticulous improvements, David Veal and Andrew Bowers for overall support during every road block I faced (tune/emissions/LPFP supply issues/etc) and everyone else who said they love following the build which in turn kept this going as far as it did. The entire build has been chronologically cataloged with step by step build photos on IG @becauseHYDE16.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Some have seen this by now on FB and IG (@becauseHYDE), just circling back to update the forums...

Here’s our baseline dyno with a very conservative low boost tune on 93 pump gas & methanol. SAE 447HP at 6,493rpm and SAE 422TQ @ 5,250pm, both with 26.5psi and 18.75 degrees of timing on a 424xLC2 Dual Eddy Current All Wheel Drive dynamometer. Next step we are working on cleaning up the tune with 30psi+ for another dyno run before building an E85 tune for even more power.

Here’s the build progression in a nutshell for anyone who wants to take a Gen2 TSI engine to this power level. Pag Parts Turbo (PPT) built the bottom end (rods/pistons/wrist pins), upgraded the clutch and added their prototype EFR7163 .85AR TSI turbo kit. PPT built the top end (Supertech), custom Audi all-road intake manifold with port fuel layout and true front mount intercooler. Took my time meticulously wiring and testing the Torqbyte CM5-LT and PM3 with twin 1,000cc split-spray port fuel injectors and post intercooler water methanol jet. Started logging higher boost files with port fuel and quickly realized we were out of LPFP supply so went with the PPT custom Walbro450 LPFP kit. Realized I needed more traction so switched up my suspension/wheel/tire layout which led to more speed which led to a newer brake system upgrade. Added more boost and timing and built a 2nd stage of PWM direct port methanol with the CM5-LT to support higher timing. Shed a ton of weight (seats and trunk) and corner balanced the car for more traction. Built a full Beetle “MWS” 02Q 6-speed transmission with Peloquin LSD/TyrolSport ARP case bolts/steel shift forks. Spent months logging around weather/work/family to tune the Eurodyne ECU file and simultaneously tune 4 separate MAPS on the CM5-LT (AUX = Walbro450 / MAIN = pump with 1st stage post intercooler water methanol / GPO1 = port fuel / GPO2 = 2nd stage direct port water methanol). It was a lot to accomplish in 2+ years with kids/new house/new job. This wasn’t an all-at-once cash build to go from K04 to fully built big turbo; I scrounged for sponsorships, sold off old parts to make way for new/improved parts, did a lot of the work myself, gained a lot of the parts or discounts from writing HYDE16 forum reviews since 2011 and leaned on a lot of people for advice and recommendations. It’s been a long road and to some, “too long of a build”, but I built this car my way and it’s now starting to pay off. As one friend put it, a “build” is about the journey and friends met along the way, not about the end result.

Thank you to Arnold Lee at Pag Parts Turbo for his engineering/fabrication/hardware/overall build, Rick Daystrom at Torqbyte for the support and software enhancements, Kim Andre Kvernlien at KAK Tuning for his long term Eurodyne custom tuning, Kojac Jerry for the late night Torqbyte tuning sessions and meticulous improvements, David Veal and Andrew Bowers for overall support during every road block I faced (tune/emissions/LPFP supply issues/etc) and everyone else who said they love following the build which in turn kept this going as far as it did. The entire build has been chronologically cataloged with step by step build photos on IG @becauseHYDE16.

[/CENTER]

Glad to see this thing up and running. Been a long haul. Looks like you are going after max power on that 7163. Looks like you have lots of fueling. I predict you will ditch the small frame 7163 and move up to large frame turbo to take full advantage of all that fueling.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see this thing up and running. Been a long haul. Looks like you are going after max power on that 7163. Looks like you have lots of fueling. I predict you will ditch the small frame 7163 and move up to large frame turbo to take full advantage of all that fueling.

The engine, fuel system, controls, drivetrains etc. were all built to support a turbo larger than the 7163. We will be heading back to the dyno for 30psi on 93 pump gas then 34-35psi on E85. From there we will be turbo limited and will need to move to a larger turbo, question is, which one next?