GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have an issue with the trunk lock randomly opening? Recently it's been opening randomly, maybe twice a week and its really annoying.
Does the truck come undone or is it just the latch sound? Latch is replaceable iirc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
i bled my brakes today using the fluid extractor method, and i'm not convinced i did it properly. i think my extractor is faulty because it doesn't hold a lot of pressure so i was pumping like a mad man all day to get the brake fluid out.... it didn't help that the old brake fluid was super clean, so i had no idea when the new fluid went into the lines...

anyways, the brake pedal feel is about the same before and after the "flush".

when properly done, how many inches should the brake pedal move before you feel resistance?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Does the truck come undone or is it just the latch sound? Latch is replaceable iirc.

The sound goes off and the trunk goes to the point where it isn't latched all the way, but also cant open completely, but enough for the car to think its open and for the lights to come on and for it to ding at me

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
i bled my brakes today using the fluid extractor method, and i'm not convinced i did it properly. i think my extractor is faulty because it doesn't hold a lot of pressure so i was pumping like a mad man all day to get the brake fluid out.... it didn't help that the old brake fluid was super clean, so i had no idea when the new fluid went into the lines...

anyways, the brake pedal feel is about the same before and after the "flush".

when properly done, how many inches should the brake pedal move before you feel resistance?
If you didn't have air in your lines prior, you probably wouldn't feel any difference from just doing a flush. The pedal should be pretty firm when halfway depressed

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Dragonball Z or Pokemon?

Pepperoni or sausage?

Parks and Rec or The office?

Go.

Seven Deadly Sins

Sausage

Don't insult me with questions like that...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Does the "What Did You Do to Your Mk6 Today?" thread load for anyone else using Tapatalk? It will not load for me, I have to go to web view each time I want to read it.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Does the "What Did You Do to Your Mk6 Today?" thread load for anyone else using Tapatalk? It will not load for me, I have to go to web view each time I want to read it.

I have to refresh it like 3 times everytime for it to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk