GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Yeah I noticed that... May need to redrill or mount a different way altogether. Now I drilled holes in my bumper for nothing :D

I would up securing the right side (where a mounting stud broke off) by using headlight butyl rubber stuff. Put some on heat up with a heat gun and push the part on, wait till it cools off that I promise it ain't gonna fall off. Likely no paint damage either if I ever wanted to pull it off. Should have just gone that route from the get go but I always gotta learn the hard way lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Fixed the alignment on both of them here are some daytime pics :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Hmm, looks good especially with the side skirts!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks zef!

Final pic of the headlight setup before retrofitting begins...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
if only, man! love that ed35 bumper. thanks for the feedback.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Wrapped up my retrofit project last night! Fx-r projectors in some DEPO 20 replicas. Painted the housings gloss black. Loving the look and performance.

I accidentally managed to break my front lower grill so while waiting for a replacement I'm trying out the grille delete look and am not too dissapointed... Haha

Full DIY thread here:
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117911

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
The grille out looks better that I thought it would! Headlights looks great too [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Thanks! The FMIC definately helps out the look haha.

I was hoping to install an R-Line golf grille (with the slats pretty much the golf-r grill) and damn is the stock grille hard to remove or what! Wound up breaking it and was like 'well f***". Turns out the golf grille doesn't fit anyway after all that.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! The FMIC definately helps out the look haha.

I was hoping to install an R-Line golf grille (with the slats pretty much the golf-r grill) and damn is the stock grille hard to remove or what! Wound up breaking it and was like 'well f***". Turns out the golf grille doesn't fit anyway after all that.

That’s a buzzkill. Yeah I’ve seen how stupid that thing is on there. Lol looks great though! When I get an Intercooler I’ll attempt to take the grille off haha

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car looks badass man. Definitely one of the more unique mk6's out there. While I do like the looks of the intercooler showing, I'd still put the grill back on as it's a functional piece to protect the intercooler/ac condenser etc.

Do you still have the part numbers for those bumper guides you bought? Or a link? I can't seem to find them searching by name.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Car looks badass man. Definitely one of the more unique mk6's out there. While I do like the looks of the intercooler showing, I'd still put the grill back on as it's a functional piece to protect the intercooler/ac condenser etc.

Do you still have the part numbers for those bumper guides you bought? Or a link? I can't seem to find them searching by name.

You used to be able to get them from rock auto. Can’t seem to find them there now iono.